|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will provide administrative support for the entire office and report to the Operations Manager. This is a full- time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Welcome guests and staff to the office.
- Maintain the logbook of all visitors including service providers.
- Manage the supply cabinet.
- Take notes at all staff meetings and send to the Operations Manager for review.
- Support the Finance Team when they need photocopy support for documentation.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain schedules and calendars for office staff.
- Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally, including mail and other material.
- Prepare letters and documents.
- Operate office equipment.
- Answer telephone, screen, and direct calls, take and relay messages, assist callers.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Support the Office Manager with duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative or logistical support role.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Experience with a USAID or other donor-funded program.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education.
- Ethiopian nationals strongly preferred.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.