|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Contract |
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
Type of Appointment:
|Special Short Term (Daily/On-call)|
Estimated Start Date:
|As soon as possible|
|2 September 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision the Emergency Field Operations and Supply Officer and direct supervision of Senior EPC Admin Assistant, successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organizations. The EPC Admin Administrative Clerk will support in facilitating all administrative and logistical matters related to the mission’s Shelter, NFI, SMS, WASH, DTM, Refugee Movements, MHPSS, Transition and Recovery activities as assigned by the Senior EPC Admin Assistant.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support to EPC Unit in purchase requests and payment voucher.
- Assist the unit in dispatch and delivery of the items by coordinating with warehouse and procurement staffs in Addis Ababa and sub-offices.
- Collect and submits consultant and SST- daily staff members timesheet and follows up the payment on monthly basis.
- Process travel authorizations, transport bookings, security clearances, and flight booking.
- Support flight bookings and pick up arrangements, email account creation, ID processing, UNDSS security briefing booking for onboarding (new) EPC staff members
- Assistant in organizing EPC trainings and workshops.
- Support proper documentation of PRF’s, PR, TA and other relevant documents within the unit.
- Updates the procurement tracker of the unit using the central database designed for this specific purpose.
- Ensures proper assignment as well as follow up on different IT materials including Tablets, Digital cameras etc
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance and repair needs of the unit in coordination with RMU.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business administration, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience preferably in humanitarian context in Ethiopia.
- Proven experience in record keeping, reporting and project implementation.
- Ability to coordinate project activities with input from colleagues and external partners for the achievement of results,
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to develop project strategies and activities based on identified needs,
- Ability to build relations with local government authorities, civil society, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor,
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility and
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Amharic (Both spoken and written).
- Knowledge of local languages is advantageous
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 2 September 2021 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!