|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
Emory university Ethiopia is registered as an international not for profit, non-government organization and established a legal presence and a country office in Addis Ababa and operating in Ethiopia since 2011. Emory is known for innovation, high quality performance, and ability to effectively collaborate with partner organizations and stakeholders. Emory University is dedicated to implement a community based Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) and nutrition interventions to support the Ministry of Health’s efforts to increase access to and utilization of Quality Maternal and Newborn Health and Nutrition Services.
The country office activities are aligned with Emory university’s priorities of global health and its strategic focus on Ethiopia. Emory University has a qualified and well experienced staff recognized for expertise in formative and implementation research as well as collaborative quality improvement.
Emory University is seeking qualified candidates for the following open posts.
The Administration Assistant will provide administrative and logistics support to Administration Officer and to the project team.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists the project team in travel arrangements, hotel reservations, and in-country transportation;
- provide general support services such as settling, utilities, insurance, telephone bills and others
- Assist in handling orders such as office supplies and/or materials for office use and trainings
- ensure that deliveries and distribution are made in a timely manner;
- Responsible for copying, sorting and stapling scanning, pasting, stamping etc. services
- Responsible to prepare dispatch notes and others required documentation
- Assists in maintaining updated & complete list of inventory of project properties
- Carry out other administrative tasks as requested.
Terms of employment: One year with possible of extension for all positions
Number required: 1 (one) for each position
- BA in Business Studies/management or other related field;
- Two years of experience in administration and logistics is preferred;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills,
- Good command of written and spoken English;