|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 18, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Advisor University of Applied Science
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#087/2021’
Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
The GIZ Programme for Sustainable Training and Education (STEP) aims at improving the employment prospects of young Ethiopians by promoting more relevant and demand-oriented TVET and Higher Education focused on Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS).
The candidate will be working for University of Applied Science (UAS) Component in the STEP program
Duration of contract: 15.07.2023
Responsibilities and duties
1. Sector specific advisory services:
- Supports in conceptualizing the introduction of UAS including TTC and TETC.
- Assistants in conceptualizing the academic and non-academic services.
- Facilitates the cooperation among universities, UAS, TVET colleges and industry
- Advices MoSHE in introducing UAS teacher education training center
- Assists in designing the career centers as service centers for potential students, enrolled students and graduates as well as information centers for individual biographic career planning and contact point for UAS cooperation with industry
- Assists MoSHE in designing a dissemination strategy for UAS towards industry and students
- Supports the introduction of a collaboration platform for stakeholders at national level
2. Intervention Area: UAS advisor to MoSHE
- Supports the intervention area component “University of Applied Sciences”.
- Supports stakeholder communication.
- Develops benchmarks for the monitoring and evaluation of the UAS implementation.
- Contributes to the introduction of quality assurance measures for UAS.
- Advises MoSHE in the introduction of UAS TETCs.
- Facilitates training-of-trainers for managers of UAS TTC, TETCs and career centers (CC).
- Master’s degree in a topic related field (Business and Economics, Technical Education, Business Administration, Engineering, Social Sciences)
- At least 8 years professional experience in the development of the higher education sector ( Policy level/Institutional level)
- At least 3 years of experience in advising/consulting public institutions (Ministerial office, Chamber of Commerce, Associations, etc…)
- Expertise in the communication with private companies, Universities and TVET sector
- M&E experience in educational context
- Proven expertise of working with benchmarks for quality assurance
- Sound knowledge of UN SDGs and how entrepreneurship contributes to the achievement of SDGs
- Good understanding of Development Cooperation and advisory approaches
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent understanding of UAS and capacity building approaches
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (MS Office)
- Proof of digital literacy via intermediate level of International Computer Driving Licence – certificate of the diagnostic test
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English language
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to cooperate with various stakeholders from the public and the private sector
- Willingness to improve existing skills and gain new skills as required by the tasks to be performed
- Good communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Advisor University of Applied Science # ‘087/2021 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”