|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
What position are we hiring?
JTI's Travel Retail business WWDF (Worldwide Duty Free) is looking for an ambitious sales representative to support business growths in the travel retail business in Ethiopia. Reporting to the Regional Sales Duty Free Manager based in Weybridge United Kingdom, you will contribute to business growth by effective implementation of business strategy that aims to capture commercial opportunities. If you are self-motivated, proactive, disciplined with entrepreneurial spirit, this is a great opportunity for you to join a multi-cultural and professional team.
What will you do?
- Effectively implement sales, distribution, through-the-line marketing strategies including merchandising, shelf-space, and promotional programs as defined by the Planning Group. Monitor progress, as well as the quality of materials used and recommends corrective action where necessary.
- Take ownership of field intelligence and data gathering through sales force automation tool provided as well as ongoing field visits into all channels and customers of the assigned territory.
- Monitor executional KPI and report results to the line manager including sales volume, pricing stock management and brand listings. Execute and evaluate consumer and trade marketing programs.
- Support with financial planning cycle with rolling forecast, LE, AP and SP input and plans. Assist in developing and implementing (key) account plans and agreements and monitor (key) accounts compliance.
- Drive continuous improvement of operational efficiencies with forecast accuracy and minimum out of stock incidences. Review and optimize portfolio across all customers and channels.
- Work closely with the line manager and support functions to initiate/terminate 3rd party relationships (contracts) regarding in-store promotional and advertising activities.
Solid functional knowledge in:
- Merchandizing Management to effectively utilize principals and techniques.
- Distribution Management to analyse distribution channels/logistics, route to market (RTM) drivers.
- Territory Planning & Management to maximize the return on resources and adapt to increasing regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical skills- ability to dive deep into distributor/company reports, country and brand P&L’s.
- Negotiation skill to resolve conflicts, make reasonable compromises and arrive at a decision involving various facts/ideas.
- Trade Research to apply competitive intelligence and strategic insight to evaluate consumer buying behaviour.
- Trade Segmentation to segment selected trade outlets and analyze the intensity of the market activities.
With demonstrated characteristic of:
- Adaptability and flexibility - work across different time zones and cultures.
- Attention to detail, strong planning and operational skills under uncertainty.
- Collaborative, excellent ability to build and nurture external and internal relationships.
- Resourcefulness, follow up and persistence.
- Willingness to travel and work in full autonomy with discipline in the field.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree on Marketing, Management, Economics and related fields.
- Min. 2 years' experience in sales and distribution/channel management/field trade marketing. Experience in consumer/trade promotions management is a plus.
- Commercial knowledge/experience in travel retail channel is a plus.
- 2nd degree driving license
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae and copy of supporting documents only through email address NTEHR101@gmail.com
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files or documents shall be only in a zipped folder format.
Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our company you can visit our website www.ethiotobacco.com Address