|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT (BI-CIAT) needs your expertise to make an important contribution towards sustainable food security and the conservation of natural resources, in particular to ensure biodiversity. BI-CIAT develops and spreads scientifically sound measures. A further priority among in the alliance’s activities is providing application-oriented recommendations for decision-makers in the fields of agriculture, agroforestry and politics regarding the sustainable use of trees and other permacultures. The aim here is, in particular, to promote food security while taking account of gender equality.
Your tasks will involve:
- Developing gender-sensitive approaches for conserving and sustainably using forest landscapes for food security in Eastern Africa
- Strengthening the alliance’s scientific staff and its project partners in the area of gender-sensitive research
- Recording, evaluating and publishing research results on gender-relevant relationships between forest landscapes and food
- University-level degree in agricultural science, forestry or another subject that meets the position’s requirements, ideally with a doctorate
- Experience in the area of gender-sensitive research
- Experience in sustainable food security
- Knowledge of organisational and policy advice
- Excellent English and good German
- In addition, you have the citizenship of an EU member state
What we offer:
- A varied and interesting job with a high level of responsibility in an international environment
- The opportunity to work with other organisations in the field of development cooperation
- Professional preparatory measures for your assignment abroad
- Placement with a local employer as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years, with an option to extend the contract
- Attractive monthly salary top-ups and social security benefits in addition to your local salary
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is the ideal partner for you if you are looking for a responsible position relevant to development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. You can put your knowledge and skills to use where they are particularly needed.
CIM is jointly run by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH – www.giz.de/en/ – and the German Federal Employment Agency – www.arbeitsagentur.de/en/ – and has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.
Note: This is a current vacancy; there is no application deadline.
Country-specific information is available from a variety of sources, including the German Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit and the country information portal www.liportal.de.