WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Agriculture Engineer/Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing agricultural operations and looking at new technologies and ways of doing things to improve land use, increase yields, and conserve resources.
- Analyzing existing operations, staff and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Waste management, including agricultural residues, and fertilizer runoff
- Water management, conservation, and storage for production
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, fruits and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or equivalent and 10 years of experience.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration is recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Interested and qualified applicant should apply through the address below