|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Place of Work: Eastern Amhara(Kombolcha)
Contract Duration: 10 months
Required Number: 1
- Responsible for facilitating, monitoring, and implementing project activities in close collaboration with Agriculture and Administration offices at wereda and kebele level.
- Mobilize sensitization event meetings, facilitate training for extension agents and extension service to beneficiary HHs at wereda and targeted kebeles level and send lists of trainee and extension service recipient to cluster MEAL Coordinator.
- In place a feedback and complaint mechanisms and publicize to communities and stallholders in the awareness creation and sensitization meetings to ensure accountability to the affected population and share the community feedback report to emergency livelihood coordinator.
- Facilitate selection, registration and verification of beneficiary HHs for direct seed, voucher and cash distribution and other trainings and submit soft copy lists of beneficiaries in excel to North East Hub MEAL Coordinator and Emergency Livelihoods Recovery Project Coordinator.
- Facilitate transportation of seeds from wereda capital to the distribution points/kebeles and ensure safe storage; prepare and share a distribution plan for seeds, vouchers and cash transfer with WVE, Agriculture office and the beneficiary HHs.
- Support seed, voucher and cash distributers to smoothly distribute keeping COVID-19 prevention protocols, submit completed distribution list together with photographic evidence (with GPS Coordinators) and two human-interest stories to WVE CPO and emergency livelihoods recovery project coordinator.
- Plan post distribution monitoring (PDM) in consultation with emergency livelihoods recovery project Coordinator and facilitate the overall process (supporting the monitoring team and mobilizing HHs and partners to be contacted for the monitoring). Compile and submit project final narrative report with all evidences, pictures and interest stories.
Qualifications Required: BSc/BA Degree in the fields of Agriculture, Rural Development and related fields.
Work Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in agriculture development and/or emergency response. NGO experience in the area is preferable. Experience in the area of seed & commodity distribution, project management, emergency response and target selection
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of supervising emergency seed and commodity distributers.
- Excellent communication skills, in English and local languages.
- Intensive skills of working in MS word and MS excel
- Analytical skill of filed data, good report writing and presentation