|Location||Dhekasuftu, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
COOPI Ethiopia office is searching for one Agronomist to be based in Dekhasuftu, Somali region
- Support in the preparation of the agreement with the regions
- Provide any support required by the PM in drafting the M&E plan for the project according to Log Frames
- Prepare drafts/ToR for activities implementation (background, methodology, objectives, results, activities, BoQ, Monitoring and post monitoring table linked to result framework including cash, materials, transport) and send it to PM
- Prepare detailed draft physical and financial quarter plan following the format given by the PM and submit to the PM 15 days before the end of the quarter
- Prepare detailed draft physical and financial month plan following the format given by the PM and submit to the PM 7 days before the end of every month;
- Support to prepare weekly activity planning, movement plan with the PM and APM. Contribute to weekly meetings
- Compile weekly mission orders and submit them to the PM
- Report any managerial issues in the activities implementation to the PM Report any technical issue to PM or advisors as required
- Ensure the effective implementation of all agriculture related activities of the project
- Ensure implementation of project activities according to quarterly and monthly plans and work orders assigned
- Being responsible for the vegetables, fruits, and other high value crop productions activities in the sites, and ensure daily site supervision compiling COOPI format
- Daily logistic management support of the sector in accordance to COOPI Project Management directions
- Ensure the field level supervision of contractors and IP. Review and approve completion reports for works completed linking with the advisory group, PM and program coordinator
- Implementation of baseline, midterm monitoring, post-monitoring survey, end-line surveys and all data collection required for activities implementation, reporting on results and objectives as required by the PM and ToR (with Kobo when possible) including assessment on water
- To make proper use and taking care of COOPI properties under your control
- Stay on the project implementation site and return to the Abala for the weekend in order to spend as much time as possible with the beneficiaries to increase quality of the implementation and understanding of the context
- Give technical support for AICS project water technician
- Actively participating to weekly meeting called by the PM
- Draft/inform the PM on activities accomplishment including implementation data as requested (interim, final, ad hoc, etc). Participate in grant closing meetings for every closed grant if required by the PM.
- Write monthly report according to COOPI standard form and deliver it to the PM within the 25th of each months
- Compile technical reports and deliver to the PM on every 25th of the month
- Draft the sector’s quarterly technical report for DPPB and deliver it to the PM within the 15th of every March, June, September, and December
- A file including water and socio-economic information must be compiled for each activity and site of intervention and submitted to the PM 20 days before the end of each quarter
- Attend coordination meetings with the communities at Kebele and Woredas level as agreed by the PM and share key points (no decision level is granted in stakeholders coordination meetings). Support the organization of internal and donors visits to the project sites liaising with the PM. Support approval of agreements with the regions and required MoU with local authorities.
- Active participation in relevant technical working group
- Regularly collect information at stakeholder level (Woredas, Kebele and communities) baseline need assessment, gaps. Propose activities and project ideas and share them to the PM and advisory group.
Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager.
Salary: Gross salary of 17,204.51/month including basic salary, income tax, monthly insurance cost, pension contribution, per-diem and hardship allowances
Duration of the contract: 8 months with possibility of extension
Duty starting date: 15th August 2020
Qualification and Experience
- MSc in Agronomy
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience an International NGOs in a technical position related to the agriculture sector
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy, with excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, International Organizations, donors and NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.