|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position Summary: Responsible for the management and supervision of the nursing staff in specific Department.
Duties and Responsibilities: The job description may be changed as deemed appropriate by Girum Hospital.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates all associates, functions and activities in all nursing care areas and other assigned areas of responsibility
- Facilitates the flow of information between individuals, departments and physicians to progress towards our hospital goals and achieve timely solutions to problems.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and nursing staff to implement and achieve results of strategic and operational plans and objectives to ensure accomplishment of hospital vision.
- Performs inspections of patient rooms and areas to ensure hospital personnel maintain cleanliness standards.
- Coordinate nursing care by allocating resources where they are needed, whether in the form of nurses, medication, doctors or equipment.
- Work with doctors to prepare and follow individual care plans for each patient, and updates the doctors regularly on progress and any changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintains privacy, confidentiality and security of patient/client, staff, and organizational data.
- Make daily rounds with doctors. Alert the doctor to any unique concerns or complaints regarding a patient.
- Organize, compile and store all the notes on patients taken by your nursing team and provide doctors with the relevant information on the patients they are treating.
- Maintain working relationships among your staffs, which includes scheduling and conflict resolution where necessary.
- Clearly assigns responsibilities to staff members through clear expectations of job performance, processes to monitor performance and evaluation of performance outcomes.
- Maintains a customer focused attitude at work through a spirit of cooperation, pleasant and respectful and helpfulness towards patients, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- BSC in Emergency & Critical Care
- A minimum of 2 years experience as AICU Head Nurse
- Computer application skill
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- English and Amharic , additional languages are an asset
Required standards and work rules & regulations
- Consistently demonstrates professional attitudes and maintain patient confidentiality
- Professional in appearance and relationships with staff and patients
- Practice with Kindness, ethics and Honesty to give the best and complete nursing care possible
- Exhibit through your day to day actions the hospital slogan “where patient comes first”, understand that the needs of the patient are our first priority
- Be always on time and physically available during all duty hours
- Never leaves the nurse stations without physically handing over to the next nurse assigned to the floor i.e. nurses should be available at nurses station at all times
- Respect the hospital dress code (uniform), be well groomed and maintain good hygiene during duty hours
- Sacrifices yourself to assure the safety of our patients and to make sure that the shifts are appropriately staffed and report any shift changes to immediate team leader and the head nurse office 24 hrs prior to your shift
- Communicate clearly with your patients about what you are about to do to them, similarly keep a smooth communication among your colleagues
- Be responsible for all hospital equipment that you are assigned and use
- Strive to continuously improve your skills and knowledge and attend all required training
- Avoid chewing gum while on duty
- Have a positive attitude and let’s all avoid being defensive
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and CV through the following address:
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted