|Location||Bahirdar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2019|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the MSIE Specialty Centre Manager, Anesthetist assesses pre-operative patient, provides anesthesia and carries out intra and post anesthesia patient care. Ensures that all the required inputs for anesthesia administration are readily available and the machine is always in working conditions.
- Takes patient / client history for pre-anesthetic assessment, examines and gives the necessary precautions before operation in consultation with the gynecologist/ obstetrician.
- Ensures that the anesthesia unit is equipped with the necessary machineries, equipment, medication and supplies.
- Keeps the centre's resources in orderly and cost-effective manner.
- Follows patients in intensive care unit that require his/her skill in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Takes the leading role in providing anesthesia for patients undergoing operation in collaboration with the obstetrician / gynecologist and other team members in the operation theatre.
- Makes sure the patient / client are given the necessary preoperative care including consent and appropriately handover to the concerned team for post-operative care.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Make an on-time report for the clinical incident happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- Performs related tasks as required.
3. PERSON SPECIFICATION
a. Qualification Requirements
- BSc in Anesthesia
- Four years directly relevant experience
b. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Communication skills
- Good skill to evaluate patients to ensure their capacity to withstand and go through the Anastasia procedures.
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Special Training in Anesthetic
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Bahirdar MCH Specialized Centre
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Type of Employment: Full Time
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!