|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
- Assure that the APs projects are implemented in line with Technical Programme standards and processes of LEAP 3.0.
- Ensure that Sponsorship in Programming (SiP) and child protection standards are adhered to and adequately integrated into programming both at design/redesign stage and annual operation plan for community transformation.
- Prepare quality and timely detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for program/projects of all funding streams.
- Prepare quality and timely monthly, quarterly, bi –annual and annual projects/programs report together with annual budget, and facilitate program/project monthly funding and review financial reports.
- Ensure that both Evaluation and Audit (Finance and Risk Based) recommendations are timely responded to, fully implemented and progress is reported quarterly.
- Ensure that all systems and approaches such as Horizon, LEAP, SiP, SingleSTEP, Sun6, etc, are adhered to for program effectiveness.
Program Execution And Financial Accountability
- Ensure that communities and staff are empowered to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the program activities for quality and sustainable development.
- Ensure that all the APs funding streams are implemented within 90%-100% of plans. (Annual spending vs budget, Activity plan vs realized)
- Assure that the APs activities are monitored in relation to their ITTs and that lessons are discussed, shared and acted on.
- Coordinate the proper implementation of programs/projects of all funding streams as per Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) or other planning documents.
- Enforce stewardship and accountability by ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively utilized within the program/project for the intended purpose and to minimize risks.
- Ensure proper utilization of program funds as per DIP.
- Closely monitor the ADP budget as per allocated budget.
- Adhere with internal control and ensure all staffs comply with financial internal control.
Sponsorship In Programming (SiP)
- Build capacity of community, frontline staff and sponsorship staff on SiP and child protection.
- Empower all the frontline staff (TP officers) to integrate SiP and child protection in their project planning and implementation.
- Assure all new initiatives are implemented to strengthen sponsors’ communication to attract new and maintain existing sponsors.
- Ensure all the key performance indicators (KPI) are kept at green for at least 11 months per year as per the required standard.
- Assure that AP staff and volunteers work to strengthen engagement and empowerment of children, families and community in the sponsorship business process for effective and efficient result.
- Assure the AP facilitates transformed/biblical world view and translate it into community mind set for sustainably improving child wellbeing.
- Assure the APs actions empower community to change the mindset towards development.
- Assure the APs actions build awareness, and action on issues in relation to child protection including violence, neglect, abuse and violence.
- Assure the APs actions empower the community to identify, plan and implement actions to improve the wellbeing of children.
- Facilitate integration of transition plans and disaster preparedness plans into design/redesign and annual plan document and ensure implementation for sustainable development.
- Assure the AP develops and works to strengthen of local institutions (CBOs, CCCs, FBFs, and Commercial Village, etc).
- Monitor performance of the ADP in relation to community empowerment approach.
Working In Partnership With Others
- Facilitate networking relationships and participation with wide stakeholders such as government, faith based organization leaders, church, CCCs, CBOs, and other key partners at local level.
- Enhancing Vision Fund Ethiopia (VFE) integration for profitable agriculture and enterprise development.
- Facilitate team building motivate and maintain strong relationships, be passionate for the poor, making an impact, and bear witness to God’s Kingdom.
- Roll out TEECAP strategy to partners including the communities, government, NGOs, FBOs, CBOs and others.
- Provide spiritual support to staffs and reinforce the Core Values to enable understanding of WV operations and culture.
- Coordinate and facilitate performance management and ensure there is performance culture among the ADP staff.
- Provide technical support in capacity building of frontline staff in development of key programming areas specifically in new technical approach and program and other areas for program effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
- Expertise in program planning and budgeting and WVE development program approach is advantage
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- BA/Bsc Degree in Development Studies. An advanced degree in Social Sciences related to development work is preferred. Master’s degree is an advantage a minimum of 3 years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, emergency and advocacy projects and at least 2 years’ experience in managing complex grants and programs/projects with significant experience in overseeing large multi-year program.
- List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Expertise in program planning and budgeting and wve development program approach is advantage
License, Registration, Or Certification Required To Perform This Position
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- List academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Master’s Degree in Development programs and Business Administration
List Additional Work Experience Preferred For This Position.
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- 100% field level at Nedjo Area Program
While all 13 core capabilities are expected of the role, to help the recruiters conduct more effective screening and interviewing of prospective candidates, please select the level for which they will interview. Then, identify a maximum of 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
Select one level. For older versions of Microsoft Word, double-click the checkbox, and then click “Checked” in order to select the checkbox.
Select 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
Achieving quality results & service.
- Practising accountability & integrity.
- Communicating information effectively.
- Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly.
- Understanding the Humanitarian Industry.
- Practicing innovation & change.
- Demonstrating Christ-centered life & work.
- Learning for growth & development.
- Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity.
- Influencing individuals & groups.
- Understanding World Vision’s mission & operations.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only