|Location||Bahir Dar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 15, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality, and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
I. Job Summary
The purpose of the Area Office Administrator’s position is to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise personnel administration, human resources development and training, general services and logistics of the field office. S/he ensures proper implementation of CARE’s policies and procedures and other resources of the Field Office. S/he also advices the field management on policy matters.
Job Responsibility1: Office Management (50%)
- Maintain field office efficiency by planning and implementing office arrangements, systems and equipment procurement
- Ensure that field office space is managed effectively to create a productive, healthy working environment in accordance with work safety guidelines
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Monitor and initiate payments for all office related running costs such as utilities, water, internet, phone connectivity, etc…
- Ensure regular office maintenance is completed in a timely and quality manner
- Ensure all service agreements (security, cleaning, photocopy and printer maintenance, etc…) are properly developed, renewed or cancelled/terminated in line with CARE Ethiopia’s policies and procedures and in accordance with sound administrative standards and practices
- Maintain and regularly update a schedule of agreement commitments
- Explore safety and health related actions to improve working environment (eg; pest control, eco- friendly water provision, etc…)
- Work with the safety and security manger to ensure all safety measures or related protocols are adhered to in office management
- Manage all internal and external bookings for meetings or accommodation
- Liaise with local authorities and ensures security of the FO
- Ensure the availability and proper utilization of all organization’s facilities
- Ensure all office material is in good working order
- Provide timely reports regarding the administration activities
- Organize forums in which staff can interact or exchange ideas
- Advise and report personnel issues of importance to management
Job Responsibility #2: Staff management (30%)
- Provide management support and administrative guidance to direct reports
- Ensure staff APPAs including KPIs around customer satisfaction and continuously monitor and measure progress against agreed KPIs
- Ensure that APAAs (annual and semiannual) are completed in a timely manner and submitted to HR
- Create a collaborative and conducive work environment for team members with the aim of strengthening teamwork and job satisfaction
Job Responsibility #4: Vendor management and feedback (10%)
- Management of all service agreements (eg; security and cleaners).
- Maintain and develop relationships with preferred vendors providing feedback on services rendered for improved quality and efficiency
- Ensure that a vender list is updated and in place
Job Responsibility #5: Transportation and Workshop Management:
- Directs and controls the workflow in regard to maintenance and proper utilization of vehicle use at the Field Office.
- Monitors and ensures that there is regular preventive maintenance plan for each vehicle;
- Approves work orders and supervise the implementation;
- Ensures proper utilization of fuel and spare parts and reports monthly vehicle expenditure reports.
% of Time: 20%
Job Responsibility #6: Stores Management:
- Ensures that all items in the store are properly registered and kept;
- Ensures that all necessary formalities of goods received and dispatched are adhered to at all times;
- Ensures that all fast moving stock items are timely replaced and no gap is created;
- Ensures that computerized store record is kept.
Job Responsibility #5: Others (10%)
- Follow up legal matters of the field office
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by management
III GENDER EQUALITY
- The Area Office Administrator be responsible for ensuring that gender equality and diversity values are upheld in the recruitment, orientation, performance assessment and management of staff.
- Provide adequate time for staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
- BA/MA in Management or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree or 3 years of relevant experience plus a postgraduate degree in office administration.
- Supervisory skill is mandatory
- NGO experience is a plus
- Basic managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills