|Location||Adama, Ambo, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.5million patients in 45 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over strategies with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The organization is looking for experienced candidates to health facilities where it is providing programmatic supports on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for the following positions.
AHF–Ethiopia has agreed with Oromia Regional Health Bureau to partner in maximizing the effort of HIV prevention, treatment and care provided in different service units of two of its hospitals namely Adama Hospital & Medical College and Ambo General Hospital. The assigned candidates will execute the following respective duties and responsibilities to meet the stated objective.
ART Data Clerk will contribute to AHF’s mission by generating accurate information and quality reports that will be utilized for planning and programmatic decision. The Data Clerk ensures that standard and current practices are in place to maintain accurate and verifiable data/information. S/He will make certain that the Medical Records System and other data systems are functional to support quality assurance, validity, accuracy and integrity of the program data. The employee will take part in report preparation, data monitoring & analysis, other AHF quality assurance & improvement activities, etc. to maintain AHF standards and government requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility to ensure that all AHF-Ethiopia program data are entered into the electronic data base (both ART clinic & ART pharmacy) and registered timely & accurately; Clean data base & registers regularly; Immediately report malfunctions to concerned units
- Ensure ART, pre-ART, HEI & other HMIS register are filled and updated timely and accurately
- Liaise with clinic’s unit staff in-charge to fix all inconsistencies/errors identified in the data
- Function as focal person for facility clinical data: Distribute all reporting format to respective units; collect reports from all required units; archive report (both hard/printed copies and electronic copies) with their proper label at data room
- Ensure confidentiality of all data and seek authorization from the supervisor(s) whenever there is a need to access clients’ documents
- Ensure all data capturing formats and registers are available all the time (HMIS forms, tally sheets, patient chart, intake forms, follow up cards, all sorts of registers; Regularly check stock and request reprinting/deliver timely
- Participate in data analysis and utilization; Prepare raw data and do analysis in a way that it can easily be used (bar charts, graphs…), provide feedback to service units when the need arises (low performance, missed data…)
- Complete performance monitoring chart timely; Prepare and fill the Cohort Chart. Monitor daily active clients at the respective facilities
- Retrieve patient who missed their appointment/LTFU/Dropped from the data base every week and reconcile their status with the appointment calendar. Once confirmed, prepare list of these patient and deliver to ART nurse in charge or case manager to initiate tracing: Ensure their final status (after tracing) is recorded on the appropriate register (ART and Pre ART or AHF-Ethiopia outcome register) and data base
- Conduct AHF benchmark assessment (quarterly) using standard tool & submit report timely
- Collect report from concerned units (including Pharmacy and Laboratory) and reconcile the report with the data base and registration book and submit reports timely
- Prepare AHF (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and, HMIS (monthly) reports and submit timely
- Document and report all incidents to the supervisor for appropriate action
- Provide monitoring & evaluation related activities to AHF-Ethiopia supported health facilities
- Collaborate with the Finance and Admin Manager to serve as the IT Focal Person to regularly monitor the facility Electronic/Computer and IT related functions
- Execute other activities as given by the Medical director or Country Program Manager
Number of Vacancies: Two (2)
Duty Station: Adama and Ambo Hospitals
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSC in Information Technology, Statistics, or Computer related fields
- Minimum of three years working experience in an international NGO working on HIV/AIDS programs
- Working experience in the ART Clinic as Data clerk in the last two years
- Training on ART SMARTCARE, DHIS 2 and HMIS in the last two years
- Basic computer/software skills and abilities required; should have adequate knowledge in use of applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet Explorer with some computer troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills with good command of English & Amharic languages; have expert level skills in writing and speaking Oromiffa
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: Globalhr.Africa@ahf.org
Candidates should send their documents to the above stated address within ten (10) days of the announcement on Ethiojobs Website
The application is required to include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copy of academic documents and other credentials that must be submitted before the deadline.
Please do not forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email so that it will be directed to the right department.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview and written exam. Phone calls, physical visit to the organization about the result is strictly forbidden, and could be reason for disqualification.