|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
Summary of Role
The ASAP Country Senior Team Leader is responsible for the overall technical and management oversight, leadership, coordination, timeliness, and quality of ASAP technical and financial management support to USAID local implementing partners. S/he will work closely with USAID Mission, International IPs providing TA for local organizations and the ten local implementing partners to ensure effective use of donor resources to meet project goals and improved performance and quality deliverables. S/he leads the implementation of Capacity Development Plan by ensuring that activities are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches and comply with USAID’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and management support to the Chief of Party for USAID awards as LIPs transition from being a sub-recipient to Prime.
- Support LIPs in facilitating regular technical meetings to review program implementation, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance the quality of deliverables
- Assist the COP with all aspects of project operations including, technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training and developing an organizational chart with distinct roles and responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee ASAP financial management and Capacity Development Advisors and short term STTA providers
- Conduct or review organizational assessment reports, develop and implement the organization-specific Capacity Development Plan.
- Provide support in developing technical and financial reporting systems for donor compliance
- Provide TA in Governance, Leadership Development, Mentorship, and Coaching; Organizational Management, Program Management, and Project Performance Management.
- Provide TA in development, adaptation, and consistent implementation of a comprehensive set of organizational-wide policies related to program implementation, administration and operations in compliance with a USAID Cooperative Agreement.
- Provide TA in recruitment and retention approaches to ensure that organization recruit and retain a skilled workforce to implement programs; ensure personnel policies conform to good practices and donor requirements
- Provide TA in strategic planning; work planning; and organizational adaptability and sustainability to internal and external environmental changes.
- Provide TA to local partners in the development of strategies in stakeholder/donor networking and relationship building, resource mobilization plans, and writing proposals.
- Provide regular progress updates and report to USAID mission and ASAP headquarter team
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, health policy, international development or related field of study
- At least ten years of demonstrated experience managing public health program implementation, operational, project management and administrative duties for U.S. Government-funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical and administrative teams for complex health projects, with substantial knowledge and experience related to HIV programming, health system strengthening, organizational capacity building in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Senior-level experience in managing a USAID Cooperative Agreement including financial management, USG compliance, budgeting, work plan development, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience in implementing a PEPFAR program including achieving and reporting results.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative.
- Proven ability to develop effective technical working relationships with counterparts and partners at all levels.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be willing to be co-located with Local Partners to provide technical assistance as needed
- Must have analytical skills, interpersonal skills, team management skill
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook knowledge of QuickBooks, Serenic.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.