|Location||Based in Dilla, Gedio zone, SNNPRs with travel to the project sites (as required), SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Assistant Cashier for Finance Unit-Dilla PIN Office.
Length of Contract: Definite(One year, with possible extension)
Required Number: One (1)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Filing and arranging of cash and other finance related documents.
- Prepare cheques for withdrawal and payments; and handle bank deposit.
- Prepare Petty cash payment voucher and withholding tax receipt.
- support project staff with minor tasks and request on regular base.
- support Logistic/procurement unit by facilitating payment.
- Follow-up on cash disbursement process at cash disbursement spot.
- Closely working with cashier & Accountant to support & to build capacity in managing finance related issues.
- Scanning & archiving of all finance related documents.
- Provide general assistance to the cashier and finance team which includes payments for training, workshop etc (as required).
- Ensure timely settlement of taxes and pension contribution to the respective tax authorities.
- Cover the cashier role when she is on leave.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance, Accounting and other related fields of study from a recognized higher education institution.
- Graduate of 2011,2012 and 2013.
- Female with Minimum zero years of work experiences.
- NGO experience is advantageous.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and knowledge of Accounting.
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Who Can bring guarantee
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until February 22, 2021 via following the link: APPLY-Assistant Cashier
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.