|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2020|
|Category|| Hospitality |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Assistant cook/Cleaner is responsible and reliable to assist Head cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. Preparing lunch in accordance with the rules of hygiene, ensuring cooking, purchasing the food, and keeping lunch area and kitchen clean and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding kitchen Assistant should be able to comply with all food health and safety regulations
- Assisting Head cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooing appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assist in any area of the kitchen, dining room as requested by Lead Cook or Base Officer
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Maintain the kitchen by cleaning prep areas before and after use and making sure all equipment are clean.
- Keep the kitchen, cooking utensils, freezer and refrigerator clean. Disinfect the refrigerator regularly.
- Take responsibility for meal preparation. As directed by the Lead cook.
Education / Experience Needed
- High school degree or equivalent
- Proven experience assisting in Kitchens
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Ability to handle a number of tasks simultaneously
Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than January 8, 2019. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Assistant Cook/Cleaner''.