|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Oversee the implementation of Emergency Response to COVID-19 Outbreak project and work closely with the WASH, protection and other teams, ensure the SC Covid-19 response activities are implemented on time ensuring high quality in accordance with technical best practice and SC approaches
Reports to: Field Office Manager
Duty Station: Adama
Contract length: 6 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate COVID-19 preparedness activities, alongside the relevant PM and FOM, in order to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame
- Prepare program work plans in coordination with PM and FOM
- Continuously monitor and supervise COVID-19 preparedness and response activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impact.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the project sites/health facilities as possible, ensuring that projects utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Ministry of Health and WHO. Identify technical quality and/or other implementation issues, and provide solutions and follow-up to ensure projects are on track to meet goals and are consistent with established best practices.
- Participate and proactively engage in COVID-19 preparedness coordination meetings and working groups at field level representing save the children. Provide summary notes off all external meetings for relevant internal stakeholders.
- Supporting public health officer in mentoring of health facilities, delivering training and implementation of other project activities
- Ensure that the health program is implemented in line with the save the children principles
- Follow up the medical and operational supply chain system, stock recording, timely ordering for the supplies and accountabilities in relation to the warehousing and using of the supplies including PPE and other medical items.
- Promote the culture of learning and documentation so that lessons learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory and learning.
- Assess unmet needs in the health sector with a special focus on Covid-19 response and make recommendations for how save the children can better address identified unmet needs, contributing to the save the children health strategy
- Work closely with other save the children programs and project present in the same location, such as FFP (Food for peace, KOICA) and integrate program components to the extent possible.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to applicable timeframes and formats.
- Work with finance to provide accurate and timely spending plans, cash forecasts, and salary allocations
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Provide a strong and thorough handover at the end of deployment.
· Line manager for public health officers
· Conduct regular performance management that includes work plans and performance reviews for the officer
· Performs other related tasks as requested by the Health and Nutrition Field Manager or by others
NOTE: This position may enter the red zone/high risk area of an isolation unit.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations before/on August 22, 2020. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en