|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The purpose of the Assistant HR & supply chain office position will assist the HR officer and supply chain officer to carry out activities in HR including HR Management. She/he will assist with Compile and update personal files and employee records both hard and soft copies including registration of staff profile in ORACLE, assist time sheet preparation, staff files. The role holder will also provide Facilitates all logistics and transport demands for the field office, Maintain file for all vehicle Supervise drivers, Carefully mange every vehicle movement etc.
Contract length: 6 Months
Roles and Responsibilities
Job specific roles and responsibilities
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Compile and update personal files and employee records both hard and soft copies including registration of staff profile in ORACLE.
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, leaves, new contracts etc.)
• Closely assist HR Officer in monitoring the status of Timesheet daily, weekly and monthly of
• Check completeness of the newly recruited staff files
• Creates network for vacancy announcement and liaises with media to announce vacancies, and
ensures announcements are posted accordingly;
• Keeps track of announcements, receives applications and submit to line manager for shortlisting potential candidates.
Facilitates the selection process in scheduling written test and interview in consultation with the HRDC and hiring managers;
• Communicates job offers with candidates, checks references and follows-through the employment
• Assist HR Officer( Adama) for conducting new staff orientation training;
• Collect all SC employee Impact Rating (Performance Evaluation) and attach their files
• Handles all employment contracts such as contract extension, promotion, transfer, change of
position, reclassification, and temporary as instructed by HRDC;
• Ensures that contract letters agreements are duly prepared and signed by both SC and employees
and distributed to relevant work units;
2. Fleet Management:
• Facilitates all logistics and transport demands for the field office projects;
• Maintain file for all vehicle which comprises detail vehicle history, ownership certificate,
maintenance cost, technical examination certificate, accident encountered and insurance policies
• Supervise drivers on their day to day activities and ensure staffs are getting best service.
• Supervise and control weather all drivers are properly filling their log sheet.
• Ensure every staffs are properly filling their vehicle plans, submitting as per the standard and they
are assigned with appropriate
• Carefully mange every vehicle movement both within and outside the town.
• Prepare payment sheets for light vehicle rental and truck rental companies and facilitate its
• Report accidents immediately to the hub and take timely action in reporting to the insurance
Fill and compile movement tracking sheet for every travels and update to the senior logistics
Collect and compile monthly fleet analysis tool and submit to the hub logistics.
• Facility management like overseeing tidiness of the office and regular maintenance
• Facilitate all travel arrangement support to visitors, consultants, guests from both the field and
from overseas including hotel bookings, travel arrangement, etc
• Maintain the efficient provision of administrative services: telephone, generator, etc and monitor
the cost efficient utilization
• Secure, replenish and report work place safety and security mechanisms: fire extinguishers.; first
• Proactively administer the office operational services: utilities- water, electricity, telephone,
refreshment; sanitation; office equipment’s – stationery replenishment; hotel bill; contractual
Management with different service providers etc.
•Conduct regular market surveys of goods and services; establish and maintain a well-defined Supplier database by initiating tender processes.
•Review procurement documents for correctness, transparency and full compliance with Audit and internal procedures and regulations.
•Collect and organize annual procurement plan for materials, service and construction purchases and submit to CO supply chain department and communicates the status at least monthly to relevant support and program staffs.
•Prepare bidding documents for every purchase with respect to procurement threshold.
•Provide technical support to program staffs on procurement related issues.
•Regularly collect price lists for most frequently procured items and update it in quarterly basis.
•Organize regular (Weekly, monthly and quarterly) procurement activity reports (tracker) and submit to CO supply chain department.
•On monthly basis produce effort, medical and leave report and summit to HR
•Monthly basis produces fleet report and submit to logistics unit
•Prepare and submit regular monthly and quarterly administrative activity reports to the field office
•Perform any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
•Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
•Holds the team and SCI Filed Offices accountable to deliver on their responsibilities –giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
•Sets ambitious and challenging goals for his/her self, takes responsibility for his or her own development and encourages others to do the same
•Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
•Future orientated, thinks strategically
•Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
•Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
•Approachable, good listener, easy to talk toCreativity
•Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
•Willing to take disciplined risks Integrity
•Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
Diploma / B.A degree in business management, management, human resources or other related
• At least 2 years for B.A degree and 4 for diploma years’ relevant work experience.
• Training/experience in working with HR systems and processes
• Ability to follow instructions accurately and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
• Very good skill in communication
Must have Computer skills and Knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
Eagerness to do the work
• Dedication to objectives
• Ability to work in a team setting, friendliness and resourcefulness (Teamwork)
• Respectful of oneself and others
•Quality conscious and ready to learn new ways of doing things
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectation Before/on August 22, 2020. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en