Assistant Programme Officer – Institutional Development
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Background and Objective
The Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) is an African institution with the mission to promote peace and security in Ethiopia and Africa through education, research, and professional development. The Institute trains skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management, and resolution as well as in peace building, and promotes the values of a democratic and peaceful society. The institute would like, therefore, to recruit two Programme Assistants to carry out the tasks mentioned below within the program management/Institutional development unit.
Tasks and Deliverables
Under the guidance and supervision of the program management head, the Assistant Programme Officer will:
· Assists the facilitation of program and funder’s reporting;
· Assists with the research in identifying funders for IPSS/APSP programs
· Supports the activities related to work plan and monthly updates;
· Facilitates the monthly and quarterly reporting;
· Assists with the development of concept notes and proposals for funding;
· Develops budgets using excel spreadsheets;
· Takes part in Joint partnership activities;
· Assists with the development of institutional fundraising and bids;
· Assists with special Projects activities in collaboration with partners and other APSP units;
· Any other tasks under program management and institutional development;
. Required Qualification and Experience
· Minimum of a Master’s degree from an English language university in Peace and Security Studies or in any other related field.
· Minimum One year experience in writing and editing content for internal and external communications; report writing.
Competencies and skills
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multi- cultural setting;
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Amharic;
- Keen eye for spotting errors, inconsistencies and typos in documents;
- Good knowledge of the African development landscape;
- Highly organized and capable of operating with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible.
- Research skills
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a CV not longer than 3 pages, to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org till the 18th of November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.