|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Assistant Researcher (GIS-Remote Sensing).
Experiences and Essential Skills Required
- Develop study area map and field guides for all studies under the directorate
- Field data collection:
o ground positioning,
o environmental and
o health related data
- Do data entry and cleaning of spatial data
- Conduct geospatial analysis
- Provide training on health geoinformatic
- Provide assistance to all researchers within or outside the directorate regarding geospatial analysis
- Provide any additional service as assigned by director and/or top management
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with team and experience to use Microsoft Office, ESRI/other GIS and statistical software packages
- Previous experience in Geospatial production for health is an added advantage
- MSc in GIS Remote Sensing & zero years of experience OR
- BSc in GIS Remote Sensing with two years of working experience
- Health geoinformatic research experience is expected
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before July 23, 2020.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
Please DO NOT ATTACHES any other documents.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Employment Type: Contract employment basis with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.