|Date Posted||October 14, 2020|
|Category|| Banking |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This role delivers on-site support for day-to-day DC work, NOC monitoring, physical security, incident management, and the execution of the IT critical facilities’ preventative maintenance program. Under minimal supervision, this role monitors, diagnoses, and corrects operational status of the Bank’s DC operations within the communication networks and DC facilities and components. As part of a 24/7 team, this role is responsible for coordination between shifts which is required to ensure that all DC systems run efficiently without interruption and preventive maintenance program is completed efficiently
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring the DC/DR environment. (Cabling, Electrical, Cooling, and Ssafety.)
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry standards or equipment specifications.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning facilities equipment.
- Contact, acquire bids, escort, and work with contractors as directed by senior DC facilities engineer.
- Recognize, evaluate and recommend controls for conditions or processes which could negatively affect safety, quality, productivity or the environment.
- Controls physical security and site access to DC critical facilities to ensure security policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Responsible for maintaining DC critical facilities physical infrastructure standards for space, power, cooling, and data networking.
- Maintains spare parts inventory levels for cable, racks, and server parts to ensure adequate server installation consumables are on hand to permit timely installation of new DC hardware.
- Effectively communicates and escalates incidents, problems, event alarms and service fulfillment requests.
- Cable fabrication and support of installation within DC as requested.
- Handles all DC equipment inventory, labeling, and documents equipment cabinet layout.
- Manages secure shipping and receiving of IT equipment.
- Support annual and quarterly inventory audits.
- Provides backup coverage to ensure to ensure 24/7 operation and support
- BSc Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Level IV in Electrical and control systems or related field Minimum of four/two years hands-on experience in DC facility administration, including HVAC, Power systems, Generators, Fire suppression systems, etc
- Certification or Training on DC facilities operation
- The applicants must have desirable skill, knowledge and attributes.
- The applicant must have proven proficiency in Afaan Oromo, Amharic and English Languages.
Place of Work: Head Office
- Registration Deadline: October 19 , 2020
- Place of Registration: HRM Process located on Bole Road, on Dembel City Center 4th (Kindly use lifts no 6)
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit copies of non-returnable CV with application letter and copy of credentials. The credentials shall include temporary degree, student copy, grade 8 ministry certification and other relevant documents and the applicants should appear in person with original documents for confirmation on registration at respected registration places.