|Location||Jigjiga Branch Office, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
REPORT TO Head of the branch office
DURATION Open Contract
Purpose of the Job:
To support in the day-to-day activities of monitoring and investigation activities and projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist investigation of human rights complaints assigned to him/her,
- Support to decisions in consultation with coordinators and Senior Human Rights Officers.
- Assist in monitoring of places of detention and draft reports
- Contribute to human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Support in Proposing areas for systemic investigation and refer them to thematic functions in consultation with the coordinator
- Participate in managing partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Assist in conducting research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Contribute to input revisions of guidelines, manuals, and tools
- Perform other related duties as assigned by executives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA in Human Rights Law, LL.M in Human Rights, LLM in International Law, LLM in Law (Public Law relevant to Human Rights), Political science or related fields or LLB, in Political science or related fields.
- Zero years of experience for MA holders
- 2 years of relevant experience or 6-12 months participation on Young Leaders Program (Internship Program)
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.
Deadline for applications: Monday 12th of July 2021.