|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 41 – 2020/21
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: Associate, Internal Audit
Duty Station: Addis Ababa Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: The purpose of the job is to assist the specialist, Internal Audit and Inspection in ensuring whether engagement practices are followed to conduct audit reviews, to produce timely and quality audit or inspection reports and assist in preparing follow up progress made by ECX departments/divisions in rectifying findings of audit or inspection reports; to prepare and submit audit working papers for each engagement to the specialist for review and ensure proper audit documentation.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the development of annual risk based audit and Inspection plan through collecting input such as annual corporate performance plan, previous audit report, various regulatory organ report, board meeting minute, risk assessment report, management request, internal operational and financial report, audit observation and submit to supervisor
· Defines the objective and scope of individual audit assignment and prepares an audit program; Participates in entrance conference held with the auditee/client and prepare minute
· Participates in performing a preliminary survey and in designing system description for audit area
· Performs engagement field work individually or in team by obtaining sufficient and appropriate audit evidence
· Prepares and submits working papers for review to the specialist or line manager properly documented and referenced with evidences which support audit findings and conclusions.
· Assists undertaking of inspection on the Exchange operations, facilities and other corporate departments; design, recommend and implement inspection programs as per plan;
· Actively participates in Preparing audit query, draft audit report and exit meeting minute.
· Participates on inventory count requests, and any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor
· Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BA\BSc in Accounting or related field
· 2 years relevant work experience in audit, general accounts related areas
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 05, 2021.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted