|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Associate Researcher I for Clinical Trial Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Execution of clinical trials and lead the clinical team of a study project in close collaboration with the PI.
· Conduct and lead recruitment of study participants.
· Conduct and lead clinical examinations and medical follow-up of study participants.
· Conduct and coordinate other clinical procedures required in a study protocol.
· Lead data collection, verify and review clinical data and ensures proper data transfer to DMU.
· Supervise clinical study record keeping and archiving.
· Lead and provide counseling and medical care of study participants as a physician.
· Ensure protection, care and retention of study participants during a study conduct.
· Follow-up, recording & reporting of AEs, NEs & SAEs to the PI.
· Provide clinical progress report to the PI.
· Cooperate in ensuring quality control activities in the conduct of trials.
· Participate in any scientific review of protocols as a team member to the clinical trial team.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the principal investigator, the team leader and/or director.
- MD and 4 years medical practice experience
- BSc in Public Health and 5 years medical practice experience
- Registered professional licensed.
- Training in MDR TB management is an asset
- Training in GCP and research ethics is an asset
- Strong interest and/or inclination towards clinical research is a requirement.
- Well versed knowledge to local and international treatment guidelines and regulations for the conduct of clinical trials.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to work with potentially infection risk environment.
- Computer Competency including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others.
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should ONLY send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before August 4, 2020.
- A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one/two pages table summarizing your educational background, publications, work experiences, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
No. Required: 02 (two)
Employment Type: One year contract period with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.