|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 27, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality, and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The purpose of the awards, sub awards and budget specialist position is to support the unit manager in the management of awards and sub awards in compliance with CARE’s programming principles and policies and all Donor, and government laws, rules and regulations. The position is required to support a range of activities outlined in the award management and sub award cycles. This includes the provision of technical support to an evolving program portfolio and participation in the development of new proposals. The specialist is also responsible for contributing to customer satisfaction (internal and external) and participating in process improvements based on feedback.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: New Business Development (15%)
- Supports new proposal development processes through the provisions of historical data, financial information, registration documents (e.g., PADOR), etc…
- In coordination with program staff, supports the conducting of pre award surveys and preparation of due diligence reports for new funding partners or sub recipients.
- Supports the preparation of cost share or match proposals as requested by award and sub award specialists.
- Maintains filing of all NBD documents (both in hard and soft copy) as per CARE documentation protocol and award policy.
Job Responsibility #2: Award Negotiation and Start up (10%)
- Supports the preparation of the agreement review and approval checklist for new awards and sub awards.
- Supports the preparation of sub award agreements for sub recipients and follows up with sub recipients for all documentation requirements.
- Assists award and sub awards manager in organizing project start up meetings; preparation and provision of new awards quick references and/or reference guides.
- Maintains filing of all negotiations and start up documents (both in hard and soft copy) as per CARE documentation protocol and award policy.
Job Responsibility #3: Implementation, monitoring, and reporting (60%)
- Prepares sub grant advance requests to implementing partners.
- Prepares VAT refund requests for review by the award and sub award specialists; coordinate and follow up with VAT clerk for timely submission of VAT refund requests to Donors.
- Prepares journal entries for VAT refund checks.
- Assists in preparation of cost share valuation and reporting. Maintains supporting documentation for all cost share reports.
- Supports the preparation of modifications and reporting of sub recipients in coordination with program staff and in accordance with emerging needs.
- Assists in the logistics and scheduling of financial monitoring to sub grantees. Maintains tracking sheet for financial monitoring action items; follows up the timely closing of such action items with sub grantees.
- Coordinate and consolidates the unit’s cash flow forecast and cash transfer requests. Submits same to accounts payable for consolidation with other CO wire transfer requests.
- Coordinates with award and sub award specialists, programs and administration for periodic update of facility cost allocation tables. Prepares monthly facility cost allocations table for financial soft closing.
- Supports the reviews of sub grantee reports and related financial documentation.
- Participates in budget follow up meetings and supports coordination in relation to project audits.
- Prepares journal entries for sub recipient advance liquidations, periodic accruals and entry adjustment. Manages documentation of such accounting entries and handover to VAT and accounting clerk for organizational filing.
- Coordinates the provision of all sample audit documents for Donor audits; represents the awards unit in periodic audits (Donor/project audits, statutory audits, CARE USA audits).
- Maintain filing of all implementation phase documents (both in hard and soft copy) as per CARE documentation protocol and award policy.
Job Responsibility # 4: Close- Out (10%)
- Follows up on the timely completion and signature of close out meeting checklists.
- Contributes to GRP Validation for final closeout as required.
- Participates in closeout meetings as required.
- Supports the preparation of letters and correspondence related to close out procedures and processes.
Job Responsibility #5: Other (5%)
- Carries out additional duties as requested by the awards and sub awards manager
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth, and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of work experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree.
- 3 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- Previous development and NGO experience.
- Experience with USG and other Donor contract monitoring and reporting.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized and proven ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Good skills in computer applications.
- Firm belief in teamwork and gender equity.
- Experience with financial software.