|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. JOB SUMMARY
The purpose of the awards, sub awards specialist position is to support the awards and sub awards manager in the management of awards and sub awards in compliance with CARE’s programming principles and policies and all Donor, and government laws, rules and regulations. The position is required to provide CARE Ethiopia with a specialized expertise on awards and contracts management so that awards and sub awards are effectively managed through the life cycle of projects (pre award, post award, close out). The specialist is also responsible for contributing to customer satisfaction (internal and external) and participating in process improvement based on feedback.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: New Business development (15%)
- Participates in budgets (cost proposals) for Request for Applications/Proposals (RFAs/RFPs), concept notes, expression of interests, etc.
- Completes and gets approved budget checklists as per Award policy of CARE.
- In coordination with program staff, prepares due diligence reports conducted for new funding partners and/or conducts pre award surveys for potential sub recipients.
- Assists in CARE Ethiopia’s strategic positioning and fundraising through active engagement in proposals Go / No Go processes.
- Prepares the pre-IPIA or IPIA documents in close collaboration with program teams engaged in new proposal processes for review by the awards and sub awards manager.
- Participates in the preparation of cost share or match proposals in support of the awards and sub awards manager.
Job Responsibility #2: Award Negotiation and Start up (5%)
- Prepares agreement review and approval checklist for new awards and sub awards; ensures timely securing of approvals as per Award Policy.
- Participates in the signing of new awards or sub awards.
- Prepares new award setup & budget upload requests with the required documentations for review by Awards and Sub awards Manager; follows up with SSC for the timely completion of such requests.
- Provides donor codes, project Ids, budget/activity codes and other project tracking codes to key relevant actors (budget holders, finance specialists, admin assistants, procurement, Field Office finance). Provides ongoing support on same to budget holders.
- Prepares sub award agreements for sub recipients in line with CARE’s sub agreement management policy and supports different contracting mechanisms and financial management matters related to sub award management.
- Identifies areas of concern for program and subsequent negotiation with Donors, partners and sub recipients as required.
- Prepares and provides new awards quick references and/or reference guides to all involved in project fund management.
Job Responsibility #3: Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting (65%)
- Participates in project start up meetings and orientations.
- Leads the preparation and submission of fund/cash transfer requests for assigned fund codes and follows up the same for timely collection of Donors’ advances and reimbursements.
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles monthly grants receivable payable (GRP) position fund code assigned.
- Prepares financial and other related Donor reports (cash transfer requests, cash flow forecasts, BvAs, reconciliation reports, portfolio reporting, management reporting, dashboards, FC/PID status reports, etc.).
- Manages the communication related to reports and other award issues with Donors and/or CMPs.
- Monitors on going level of expenditure against individual contracts/fund codes and provides timely advice on expenditure.
- Prepares project pipelines, commitment control and financial reports and BvAs for presentation in regular project review meetings. S/he also follows up meeting action items.
- Prepares the monthly SPC allocation table against current awards.
- Prepares modifications and supports monitoring and reporting of sub awards in coordination with program staff and in accordance with emerging needs.
- Reviews sub grantee reports and liquidations and participates in pipeline analysis and cash flow forecasts.
- Conducts financial monitoring and reporting of sub recipients; ensures the timely roll out of action items as identified in financial monitoring reports.
- Reviews sub recipient advances for approval by the awards and sub awards manager.
- Participates in budget follow up meetings and supports coordination in relation to project audits.
- Reviews monthly Financial Analysis and Reporting (FAR) for awards and sub awards; take appropriate actions for open items.
- Provides guidance on Donor policies, regulations and procedures to budget holders, procurement staff, A/P staff, Field Office finance, admin assistants and implementing partners.
- Closely reviews procurement plans and purchase requisitions and ensures that encumbrances and commitments are as per Donor rules and regulations.
- Follows up on for accurate and timely maintaining of awards and sub awards records in awards management system and CO shared folders/Cloud.
- Contributes to the preparation of key communication with Donors/CMPs in relation to implementation issues.
- Provides required documentation and support for project audit undertakings; follows up audit action items for timely close out of questioned costs and/or disallowed costs.
- Provides required awards data for preparation of the CO annual operating plans, board approved budget, multiyear master budget, and periodic revision of the same.
Job Responsibility # 4: Awards and Sub awards Close- Out (10%)
- Represents the award unit in closeout meetings; prepares closeout checklists.
- Reviews GRP Validation reports for final closeout of assigned projects.
- Prepares letters and correspondence related to close out procedures and processes.
Job Responsibility #5: Other (5%)
- Participates in the filing of all documents relevant to the award or sub award management cycle: NBD; award negotiation and start up documents; monitoring documentation and close out (includes both hard and soft copy).
- Assists in process improvements based on feedback.
Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of work experience.
- 6 years of previous experience in a similar position.
- Previous development and NGO experience.
- Experience with USG and other Donor contract monitoring and reporting.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized and proven ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Good skills in computer applications.
- Firm belief in teamwork and gender equity.
- Experience with financial software.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through ……….
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.