|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Sahay Mobile Money is an electronic money transfer product that enables users to store value in their wallet and via USSD with SIM cards of their mobile phone and via their Sahay mobile app, in the form of electronic currency that can be used for multiple purposes including transfers to other users, payments for goods and services, and conversion to and from cash. Sahay Mobile Money has become a technological platform that has enabled financial transactions with ease and in real time efficiently. Other products have endogenously been developed and rolled out on this technological platform.
Backend Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
We strongly believe in deliverability and skills than paper works, that is why we also try
our best to hire both self-thought and schooled engineers.
Backend Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Backend Engineer Skills & Qualifications
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of Java, PHP and Node js.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field would be a bonus.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Critical thinker, strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
interested and qualified applicant should apply through