|Location||Abala and Chinaksen Base, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
COOPI Ethiopia office is currently seeking two qualified and competent Base Administrator to be based in Abala and Chinaksen.
Admin / finance
- Ensures the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by directly managing or by regularly controlling the project/s accountant, if available;
- Ensures the correct project/s accountancy and all accountancy documents filing. Does this by monitoring the accountants or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there is no accountant;
- Verifies the correct administrative management of the project/s (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- Ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents;
- In collaboration with the Project Manager makes the project’s financial planning;
- Monitors expenses, in accordance with the budget;
- Provides the accountancy data to the Project Manager to allow him/her to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds;
- Collaborates with the Project Manager in the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget), and in the preparation of all necessary project documents.
- Gives support to Project Manager and/or to Base manager for the correct compliance of COOPI (and donor’s) procedure for the purchase of goods/work/service.
- Plans the work, supervises, trains the staff of the project’s accounting-administrative area.
- Any other task needed for the good realization of his/her work, agreed with the country coordination.
Duty starting date:
- Basic start salary of ETB 11,550
- Gross salary of ETB 13,005.30 month including, income tax, monthly insurance cost, pension contribution plus other benefit.
- Net payment will be between ETB 16,245.19 and 14,944.66 including hardship and field allowance if bases in Ab’Ala and Chinaksen.
- Education in economics/accounting/management;
- Experience in administrative management of projects, in particular UN agencies ane EU (at least 5 years of which 3 years in the humanitarian/international sector);
- Fluency in English;
- Autonomy in managing priorities, the candidate must be able to take decisions in a hurry and establish a relationship of trust with interlocutors;
- Demonstrate very good writing skills, organisational skills and initiative;
- Enjoys meticulous work;
- Excellent sense of confidentiality;
- Ability to motivate and support national teams;
- Excellent stress management, ability to adapt to a volatile security environment.