|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job holder is the Branch Chief of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Data Integration (MEDI) Branch and is a key public health technical advisor to the CDC-Ethiopia Country Director. Develops, implements, and oversees the strategy and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities of PEPFAR-funded programs, global health security priorities, and other public health priorities as identified by the Office of the Director (OD). Ensures agency compliance with CDC and US Government (USG) program reporting requirements. The incumbent supervises MEDI branch staff and the M&E portfolio for each program area, substantially supporting CDC’s contributions to the Ethiopian national HIV response, achievement of the global health security agenda, and other public health priorities as identified by the OD. Job holder works at a senior technical advisor and project management level to provide technical assistance to Ethiopian Ministry of Health (MOH) and Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) in building M&E and Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) capacity. Job holder represents CDC\Ethiopia on M&E issues at technical, policy and strategic meetings, including meetings with collaborators, the PEPFAR Senior Interagency Team, donor agencies, CDC Headquarters, and the Department of State’s Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (SGAC).
The incumbent provides strategic direction for CDC-E’s collection, use, and report of public health program data. The incumbent supports integration and use of epidemiologic, site improvement through monitoring systems and economic and expenditure data streams. In this role, the incumbent will strengthen the coordination and impact of all data streams to support an integrated and robust public health response.
The incumbent ensures that health information systems are in line with HIV/AIDS/TB/STI and global health security priorities. Improves the existing health information and other data systems to collect patient and program information by strengthening standards, availing of improved tools and registers, planning, and forecasting work to appropriately allocate human and other resources. Works to accelerate the availability of improved data for planning and improving programs in the field. In that capacity, works with health informatics section to choose the best technological solution for the data system of choice.
The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Advisor for Strategic Information and the Strategic Information Branch Chief to prioritize SI and M&E strategies and implementation for public health programs supported by CDC Ethiopia.
- MD specializing in infectious diseases, tropical medicine; or doctoral degree (DrPH, PhD or host country equivalent) in public health or epidemiology is required.
- Minimum five-year experience at the mid to senior-level in the field of medical specialty and public health field and practical involvement in national and/or international project/program development, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation is required. Two years of additional experience at the managerial level with multiple staff is required.
- Level 4 (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing Amharic is required.
- Level 4 (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This may be tested).
Skills and abilities:
- Computer skills with experience in using agency specific databases and use of advanced spreadsheet functions is required. Budget oversight and statistical reporting requires a standard level of numerical skills. Advanced user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Strong skills in interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data are required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and prioritization skills in establishing and maintaining productive and professional working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including high-level government officials. Skill in applying a variety of analytical techniques in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating complex data and developing appropriate recommendations for dissemination verbally and in writing. Ability to evaluate and assess program effectiveness and prepare reports on accomplishment of program objectives. Must possess advanced computer and data management and analysis skills.
- The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings. Considerable innovation will be required to influence other collaborative organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS/TB/STI and other public health priority M&E programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities. (These may be tested).