|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Sales and Marketing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Contribute to the development of long-term brand strategy and its yearly revisions during the yearly planning cycle.
Develop and execute the yearly brand plans in full synergy with the long-term plan:
· Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing & category plan that seizes opportunities in product renovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities, customer/channel.
· Lead and run the IBP process for the Brand (incl. Brand audits, Brand Marketing Plan creation, CD engagement)
· Develop and execute yearly activity plans including product launches and relaunches, brand communications and brand activations.
· Coordinate innovation/renovation projects according to IPM guidelines.
· Contribute to the development of financial plans, create Business Cases together with Finance, monitor Brand P&L.
· Coordinate with Supply Chain. Provide assumptions for long-term volume forecasting (Demand Volume Meetings - DVM), and ensure a harmonized and cost-effective SKU portfolio in Ethiopia (e.g. in case of delisting, on-top/not on-top innovations)
· Ensure launch materials availability: trade selling story, trade samples, Key Visual, POS guideline, etc.
· Development of the yearly brand communication and media strategies including:
· Yearly Communication Channel Planning (CCP) briefs
· Development of the final communication strategy
· Lead both offline and online tactical plan briefs and approvals for campaigns
· Coordinate media asset creation, mutation, and delivery to media channels
· Development and/or adaptation of global communication assets/ new asset creation with creative agencies
· Continuously monitoring brand performance, initiate discussions, and analysis with relevant departments to improve performance - represents real ownership
· Management of marketing budgets within agreed targets.
· Owner of pricing strategy and ensure strategic pricing implementation.
· Creating and coordinating promotional and PR activities in close cooperation with agencies.
· Managing brand’s digital platforms
· Build deep, holistic consumer understanding of the Brand/Category. Deliver market- and customer-knowledge driven input (analyses) into strategy and promotion planning. Champion the consumer needs and brand passion within the overall business.
· Monitor and react quickly to competitor moves (promotions, new product launches, etc.)
· Build and nurture good, challenging but constructive relationship with CM, CD, Finance, Supply chain. The brand manager should be able to successfully influence and lead concerned stake holders for the achievement of overall objectives.
· Build and nurture good, challenging but constructive relationship with Brand Development Managers/Homecare brand leaders for Africa
· Build and nurture good relationship with Deployment team in Africa, ensure Ethiopia-Africa alignment in strategic questions
· Run all the necessary administrative tasks for the brand (internal orders, etc.)
• Demonstrate highest standard of leadership skills across following areas
• Creative brief & judgment
• Evidence based decision making
• Design Innovations for Experience and channels
• Brand positioning, Brand Advocacy, Consumer insights,
• Commercial Acumen, Growth hacking with optimization & measurement
• Business strategy & formulation
• Business Planning & Implementation
• Project Management
• Stakeholder management
• Digital Marketing
• Media Planning & deployment
- The candidate should have at least 6-8 years’ experience in marketing across either brand building or brand development or both.
- Business mind-set and thorough knowledge of consumer needs are required.
- Deep understanding and usage of the digital marketing tools.
- Be a good team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organization and team members.
- Proven affinity and experience in project management.
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding business results for mid-sized to large-sized brands
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applicant who fulfil the above criteria can apply on Unilever Careers - Workday (myworkdayjobs.com) before the deadline.