Business Development Manager (International Student Recruitment Manager)
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2022|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Global University Systems (GUS) is focused on becoming one of the world’s most dynamic, inclusive, and diverse education organisations. GUS is an international network of higher education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications. GUS delivers a wide variety of programmes, including bachelor’s degree programmes, master’s degree programmes, professional training, English Language training, and corporate & executive education. When someone chooses to study at one of our institutions– whether on campus in Europe, North America, or even in their own home – they’re joining a network of 80,000 students worldwide
The Business Developer is mainly responsible for dealing with prospective student enrollments through international student recruitment from Agents. Dealing with direct student recruitment is expected once general inquiries or initial applications are made via Agents. BDs are additionally responsible for identifying new business opportunities in existing and new markets. As such, they are responsible for finding ways to explore new markets and bring in revenue, and/or develop new revenue streams.
Business Developers primarily engage in sales and marketing activities and should have a solid understanding of industry trends, to inform upon strategic planning and forecasting. They must be able to prioritize the opportunities that are the most likely to generate a profit. The role centrally involves identifying new business opportunities, as well as liaising with high profile clients, and managing both students’ and agents’ expectations in line with deliverable.
- Must have experience with Canada student recruitment for Higher Education
- Must have an established relevant agency network.
- Your Agency Network Management, or ‘Account Management’: develop and train potential agents sourced from fairs, business trips, enquiries, referrals, in general searches in line with business development responsibilities outlined above
- Able to generate new revenue from existing streams and accounts
- Assist in identifying and supporting developing potential business partners and to grow existing client relationships
- To perform potential client research including (but not limited to) meeting/engaging with key players in the industry
- Agency Network Management, or ‘Account Management’: develop and train potential agents sourced from fairs, business trips, enquiries, referrals, in general searches in line with business development responsibilities outlined above
- Ensuring that all relevant product developments, including changes to admission, compliance and course requirements or start dates (for example) are communicated externally
- To prepare, assist and deliver in performing customer/ agent presentations
We acknowledge receipt of your resume for a position at Global University Systems and sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications meet our requirements. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue for the next stage of the recruitment process. We wish you every success. GUS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.