|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organization working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life of dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works includes humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members, and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
DCA envisions a world without hunger and this is to be achieved with the active participation of the private sector with other development facilitators. DCA Ethiopia in line with the Global strategy works mainly to achieve three interrelated goals namely saving lives, building resilience, and fighting extreme inequalities. The partnership for green growth and global goals (P4G) is one of the programs supported by international development organizations to help countries achieve the sustainable development goals of the UN. Several projects and programs are initiated and implemented by DCA Ethiopia to build the resilience of the vulnerable communities in a Humanitarian- nexus-development approach.
The P4G project is one of the projects to be operational from June 2020 to May 2022 with the focus of creating a sustainable food platform in the country through a private sector development program approach. The project is particularly focused on providing market-based solutions in improving the resilience of producers and creating sustainable market linkages with processors through value chain development approaches. DCA is looking for a qualified person for enhancing its private sector and value chain-based programs in collaboration with local and international commercial and non-commercial international NGAO partners. The following is the JD of a project coordinator for supporting the P4G and other value chain programs of DCA
- Prepares annual and quarterly plans of the P4G project activities and budget for implementation in consultation with internal team members and external stakeholders of the project
- Takes overall responsibility of coordinating the implementation of activities related to the P4G project and other value chain programs in DCA Ethiopia
- Coordinates activities related to the private sector's engagement in enhancing sustainable food platforms in Ethiopia
- Identify gaps and recommend ways to ensure sustainable market linkage of producers and food processing units
- Technically lead marketing, value chain development, and private sector development interventions that have impacts on the resilient building of communities
- Follow up the performance of the P4G project and other DCA projects in terms of market linkage, value chain development, and private sector engagement for achieving intended goals and positively impacting producers and commercial companies
- Closely work with local stakeholders and DCA team to enhance the implementation of the project, follow up achievements, and documents cases for extracting lessons
- Technically lead the performance of the project, set key performance indicators, milestones, and targets and identify risks and proactively solve problems and overcome obstacles to achieve desired results
- Critically assess capacity gaps hindering the effective implementation of the P4G project and develop approaches for improving capabilities as required
- Integrate the P4G project with other DCA projects/programs to achieve synergies and outcomes that positively impact target beneficiaries and the gaols of DCA
- Draw and document lessons and experiences from the project and contribute to the development of an institutionalized knowledge base for private sector engagement with DCA in future programming
- Regularly report to the program manager on progress, challenges, and constraints of the work
- Proactively lead the implementation of project activities and identify risks hindering the performance of the project
- Develop tools of assessments and conduct rapid assessments related to value chain development and market linkage to guide producers and private investors
- Identifies gaps and designs appropriate capacity development gaps including training of beneficiaries and professionals working with the project
- Prepare and submit reports to the program manager on a timely basis with the required quality
- Facilitate the finalization process for the project including terminal reports and evaluation, handover, etc.
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-21/2021
Number Required: One
Type of Contract: Util September 2022
Reporting to: Business and Value Chain Development Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- 5 years (if MA) and 8+ years (if BA) of relevant experience in Agricultural economics/ Agribusiness or Rural development, agricultural marketing, and related fields of which at least with 3 years experience in marketing, private sector development, and value chain programs
- Knowledge of marketing, business, and value chain development in general and agricultural marketing and value chain development in particular
- Deep understanding in small scale agriculture and the importance of organizing farmers into business groups or market cooperatives within Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public-private-NGOs collaborate to achieve SDGs
- Proven experience in creating and coordinating partnerships for achieving intended goals
- Experience in working with public and private sector partners
- Demonstrated track record of success with program design, performance management, learning systems, and monitoring & evaluation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, teamwork, accountability, and results
- Ability to build relationships with all kinds of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic are essential.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status, and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.