|Location||Itang, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families.
He/she plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors the activities in the program office and coordinates this with the other related FSL officers in the camps and hosting communities; facilitates and follows up recruitment of agriculture & livelihood animators based on ZOA's rules and regulations; prepares activity plans and budgets; facilitates and closely works on provision of all necessary inputs for the agriculture, value chain and livelihood activities; conducts assessment of agriculture and livelihood, and market development related programs; prepares and submits periodic project activity reports.
Typical Responsibilities - Key end Results of the Position:
- Preparing project implementation plans for all activities FSL and market and business related trainings in camps/host
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports to ARRA and UNHCR at camp and for ZOA livelihoods and food security project coordinator.
- Working with camp level UN, gov’t and other officials to ensure smooth implementation of projects
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of ZOA livelihoods interventions in Itang woreda and Itang refugee camps.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites to verify quality/progress of VST, BST and other market related trainings
- Conduct market development, BST and VST trainings for refugees and hosting communities.
- Closely work the implementation of the agriculture based Vocational Skills Training (VST) and Business skill trainings basically on crop/vegetable production, livestock and livestock products, livelihood and agricultural activities in a timely manner with both refugees and the host community in camp and woreda/village settings.
- Facilitate MSD related training activities with agriculture and natural resource bureau experts/ training providers as needed.
- Develop new project ideas/proposals on market, agriculture and value chain development.
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of ZOA agricultural, food security, market/value chain and livelihood projects/activities;
- Provide quality & timely reports, life stories and lesson learnt with proper documentation
- Conduct related assessments and stakeholder analysis.
- Follow-up and supports the preparation of reports for the concerned government offices and donors.
- Acquaint new agricultural technology & disseminate to the rural community and in refugee camp setting.
- Serve as a bridge between Host communities & refugees production, market and integration.
- Undertake all activities related agriculture production & development including study the market for community development and value chains.
- Strengthen the relationships with similar stalk holders in Gambella, like Gambella university, cooperative bureau, and Gambella research center for the sustainability of the project and strong collaboration.
- Performs other related tasks as required and requested from ZOA.
Dealing with Problems:
- The Business development officer will work with the Livelihood and food security officers, facilitators, DAs and farmers/refugees to provide guidance at the program office level as well as oversee BST, VST and market related activities through providing technical support and guidance.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Should be able to have a medium level of interaction with government officials to facilitate project activities
Educational Qualification and Experience
- BSc or Master’s Degree in value chain management, agribusiness or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ for degree and 2 years for masters relevant professional experience regarding agricultural and business, working with refugees
- Proven experience in Gambella region with hosting communities and refugees and similar to the sector
Skills Specific to the Post
- Commitment to the vision and mission of ZOA Relief |Hope| Recovery;
- Excellent understanding of local context preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work in hardship condition
- Good Communications Skill both English and local language
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviours
- Should be able to motivate local staff to accomplish tasks
Physical Environment and Demands:
- The job duties require an employee to work in a hardship areas for extended periods
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.