|Location||Durame, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KMG-Ethiopia is a board–led CSO that works to improve the social and economic life of women and girls through an integrated development interventions linking economy, society and ecology. Thus, the organization seeks to invite all interested professionals who satisfy the requirements for the Position of Business Development Service( BDS) officer that will be stationed in Durame.
Reporting to the Women Business Centre Manager, the BDS officer will coordinate, plan, organize and implement the Business development services provided in the centre. The post holder will need to lead and deliver high quality and effective BDS services to women and girls in the project catchment areas. The overall purpose for this role is to build the technical and business capacity of women engaged in some form of IGA. He/she will support women to access BDS (short term skills training, business counseling and advising, market opportunity creation, product design and technology, and market premises, among others to women, girls and women).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifies the training needs of Women’s self-help Groups and saving and Credit Cooperatives, Micro, Small scale and Medium Enterprise owners.
- Develops BDS development plan for the women business Center
- Supports project supervisor, SACCO's, self-help groups to develop updated business plan for their operation and IGA
- Assesses women’s need for market information and identifies market out lets for their goods and services
- Identifies all the existing private or government institutions that are assumed to be beneficiaries of the business development services
- Evaluates each of the identified course titles against the identified needs of the beneficiaries and ensure their appropriateness
- Reviews the experience of similar organizations with respect to class size, client niche, training time and others, and prepare course schedules
- Determines the trainers/ instructors requirements by type, number, qualification and experience;
- Assesses the sources and availability of qualified and experienced trainers for each course;
- Enumerates exhaustively the consumable training materials requirements, assess their acquisition cost and estimate the total costs
- Identify exhaustively the available and required fixed training materials, tools and itemize them in detail with estimated cost.
- Coordinate with the project supervisor and provide technical support to women’s IGA groups and SACCOs
- Develops and implements annual operational plans, monitors and evaluates the BDs activities
- Develops business plan based on the demand from beneficiaries
- Prepares and submits periodic analytical reports
Terms of Employment: - One year contract, renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BA/MA degree, Development studies, marketing, Business development, Economics, management and other related fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience for BA and 2 years for MA in BDS service provision , training and supporting saving and credit cooperative, medium and small scale enterprises
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in facilitating training on business development areas
- Very good knowledge of policies and strategies related to saving and Credit Cooperatives, medium and small scale enterprise.
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Strong collaborative, coaching, supervising and interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal integrity, proactive, timeliness and commitments to results and accountability.
Interested applicants should apply none-returnable applications with application letter, CV and copies of supportive documents with in 7 calendar days of this announcement to the following address:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Office Address: On the road form Signal to Megenagna , before Sholla Gebeya, near Sumeya Mosque
PO.BOX; 13438; Telephone number: 0912501833, email: