|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2022|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Woman Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) operating under the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)-Ethiopia, is a National Urban project covering 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Adama, Bahirdar, Mekele, Hawasa, Assela, Axume, Dila, Gonder, Shashemene, Welayta Sodo, Jima, Arba-minch, Nekemt, Dessie, Debremarkos and Shire).
WEDP has three components: (1) Access to microfinance; (2) Entrepreneurial skills, technology; and (3) Project Management, Advocacy and Outreach, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
The objective of WEDP is to increase the earnings and employment capacity of women-oriented MSEs in targeted cities. This will be achieved by: (i) tailoring financial instruments to the needs of the participants and ensuring availability of finance; and (ii) developing the entrepreneurial and technical competencies skills of the target group and supporting cluster, technology and product development for their businesses. The project beneficiaries are existing and new micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by women in the targeted cities who credibly and clearly demonstrate their potential and desire to grow.
The project would like to invite competent and qualified candidates to apply for the following 4 positions to be hired on contractual basis
Specific tasks of the BDS Specialist will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Develop terms of reference for BDS junior consultant(s) and provide technical input in the selection of BDS junior consultants and BDS provider(s) that will be assigned to provide BDS supports that include business management and entrepreneurship training, business plan development, marketing strategy, human resource management, financial management and bookkeeping to EDI Clients;
- Coordinate and manage the work of BDS junior consultants and BDS provider(s) in developing detailed action plan for business development services to EDI clients and ensure that the work plan activities are implemented on schedule;
- Establish close contact with the EDI training specialist in order to design training courses and programs necessary to meet business development needs of clients. Coordinate BDS providers to work with city MSE offices and Agencies to participate in identification of BDS and training needs of EDI clients.
- Provide technical back stopping; participate and contribute to the training, seminars, workshops and forums organized for EDI partners, City Coordinators and Clients.
- Monitor and evaluate all development activities conducted by BDS junior consultants
- Participate regularly in BDS Network Meetings, with EDI Head office, to enhance BDS provision for EDI beneficiaries and develop program and/or methodology of BDS provision which is appropriate for women’s business.
- Ensure that products and services offered by the BDS junior consultants and BDS provider(s) are constantly improved.
- Review and approve monthly reports submitted by the BDS junior consultants for clients under their jurisdiction.
- Supervise the work of Business Counselors, BDS junior consultants and Outreach Coordinators to ensure that clients are getting quality business advisory service, training and other services.
- Encourage networking of EDI client to exchange information, for networking purposes, and to become each other’s resource persons/ clients.
- Work with the BDS providers, BDS junior consultants, M&E specialist, City Coordinators to collect data, track results and document success stories and lessons learned on BDS clients of the respective Cities.
- Ensure filing and documenting reports, correspondences and regular reports on the status of BDS implementation and make timely report to PIU Coordinator.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by BDS and Innovation service Manager.
Number of vacant positions: 1
Reporting to: BDS and innovation service manager
Duty station: Head office
Duration: 1 year to be extended based on performance
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The applicants should have the following qualification, experience and skills
- BA or MA in business management, economics, or equivalent
- 12 years for BA and 10 years for MA with specific experience in business development services of not less than 3 years;
- Demonstrated experience of strong communication skills and ability to coordinate a diverse team;
- Good report writing and presentation skill as well as adequate computer skills of internet, email, power point etc.; and
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Growth (learning) orientation and readiness to accept feedback
- High integrity and honesty under all circumstances
- A passion for the promotion of entrepreneurs in general and women entrepreneurs in particular
- Skills in planning and execution of economic programs aimed at economically empowering women.
- Certification in ETW and BDS consultancy is advantageous
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement In Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (recent Edition) (“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance to Section VII para 7.34 to 7.39 of The World Bank Procurement Regulation based on qualification and relevant experience of the applicants to the assignment.