|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Woman Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) operating under the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)-Ethiopia, is a National Urban project covering 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Adama, Bahirdar, Mekele, Hawasa, Assela, Axume, Dila, Gonder, Shashemene, Welayta Sodo, Jima, Arba-minch, Nekemt, Dessie, Debremarkos and Shire).
WEDP has three components: (1) Access to microfinance; (2) Entrepreneurial skills, technology; and (3) Project Management, Advocacy and Outreach, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
The objective of WEDP is to increase the earnings and employment capacity of women-oriented MSEs in targeted cities. This will be achieved by: (i) tailoring financial instruments to the needs of the participants and ensuring availability of finance; and (ii) developing the entrepreneurial and technical competencies skills of the target group and supporting cluster, technology and product development for their businesses. The project beneficiaries are existing and new micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by women in the targeted cities who credibly and clearly demonstrate their potential and desire to grow.
Specific tasks of the Business Development Service Expert (Advisor) will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following
- Develop plan and schedules to handle all the program activities related to BDS provision to EDI clients in Her/his area of operation to provide BDS supports that include business management and entrepreneurship training, business plan development, marketing strategy, human resource management, financial management and bookkeeping to EDI Clients;
- Make sure that BDS counselors identify, and conduct outreach activities to MSE’s/ businesses owned by EDI clients to make consultations and BDS provisions.
- Facilitate the counselors visit enterprises for diagnosis and problem identification of the enterprise through application of Quick Diagnosis Tool, site visit and interview with managers to enhance growth under agreement with the owners.
- Facilitate required BDS provision and trainings, collaborating with City OSS and City Coordinator and related authorities.
- Monitor and follow-up the enterprise in the process of implementation of the BDS by the enterprise.
- Collect report from BDS counselors on the progress of enterprises progresses relating to the BDS interventions
- Work with the City coordinator for the coordination, monitoring of registration of clients, training, provision of loan,& other support and services provided by the selected OSS’s, MFI’s, TVET colleges to EDI participants in the respective cities.
- Undertake timely correspondences and communications with City MSE Bureau, EDI BDS specialist and project Management Unit through e-mails, reports, fax, telephone, etc.
- Make follow ups and provide monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on BDS and trainings accomplished.
- Keep files related to Communication and outreach, BDS and training provided in soft and hard copy in a classified way.
- Work with the OSS and the city MSED Bureau/Agency/Office in the area of marketing of the products, Provision of Capital goods Finance, facilitating loan from MFI’s and Conventional Banks, Industrial extension and Kaizen from TVET’s to EDI BDS clients .
- Facilitate and coordinate the provision of Sub-contracting with the medium and large industries, local market opportunities including Bazaars and digital marketing to BDS clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the EDI City Coordinator
Number of vacant positions: 16
Reporting to: City Coordinator
Duration: 1 year to be extended based on performance
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The applicants should have the following qualification, experience and skills
- BA or MA in management, economics, accounting , business administration or related business fields
- Minimum 6 years of Experience for BA and 4 years for MA of which 2years related to Business Development services, coordination, promotion and support Services to economic enterprises.
- At least 2 years’ experience on entrepreneurship training, MSE development and/or Industry extension support.
- Should have sufficient experiences with MSE/Women’s Business support.
- Willingness to take MSE Consultation Fostering Training and or required to have minimum certification level of a Junior Consultant or Senior Consultant
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with an understanding of the entrepreneurship context
- Flexibility to adapt and change priorities according to the changing situation and objectives of the program
- Computer skills including Excel data management and analysis and power point.
- Skills in planning and execution of women economic programs.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Certificate on ETW is advantageous
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement In Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (recent Edition) (“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance to Section VII para 7.34 to 7.39 of The World Bank Procurement Regulation based on qualification and relevant experience of the applicants to the assignment.