|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Centre of Insect Physiology & Ecology (icipe) is a pan-African and non-profit Centre of Excellence for research and development and capacity building in insect science and its applications. Its mission is to help alleviate poverty, ensure food and nutritional security, and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics by developing and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving the natural resource base through research and capacity building. Since its establishment in 1970, icipe has become a significant contributor to science and innovation required to meet the health and food security challenges of sub-Saharan Africa. The Centre has achieved this status by developing alternative and environmentally friendly pest and vector management technologies and products that are effective, selective, non-polluting, non-resistance inducing, and are affordable to resource-limited rural and urban communities. Employing close to 500 international and national staff, icipe also has approximately 150 graduate students who contribute to its research portfolio annually. The Centre currently has operations in more than 40 African countries, and thriving partnerships with universities and research organizations across the world. (www.icipe.org)
icipe is partnering with the Mastercard Foundation to implement the MOre Young Entrepreneurs in Silk and Honey (MOYESH) programme. The purpose of this partnership intervention is to secure fulfilling and dignified employment and income for unemployed young women and men by scaling up integrated beekeeping and silk farming businesses, building on lessons learned from the YESH project and leveraging the public-private partnerships that are already created. The MOYESH programme targets to provide 100,000 (of which 60% are female) youth with appropriate skills and enable them secure dignified and fulfilling work in four target regions of Ethiopia - the Amhara, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
The job purposes
The International Centre of Insect Physiology & Ecology (icipe) seeks to hire a Business Support Officer II (Information Management Officer III) who shall provide a full range of high-level support to the programme team through developing digital M&E systems to collect, analyze, summarize and visualize programme performance data for cost effective monitoring and evaluation of the MOYESH Programme and contributing to the overall strategy and performance evaluation. The incumbent is also responsible for project documentation and data monitoring. She/he will be a member of icipe Ethiopia office which is located at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Develops and maintains efficient ways to collect, organize, share, store and analyze programme performance data with attention to data security and confidentiality.
- Update and upgrade existing MOYESH Data Management System (DMS) by adding additional features and variables to capture programme performance data periodically including data quality control protocols and standards for validation and sharing of data.
- Designs, implements, and maintains programme Data Management Plan and database that is coherent with icipe HQ database and meets data sharing requirements of the Mastercard Foundation.
- Design and implement ad hoc online data collection templates on either of CSPro, KOBO, ODK, Survey solution applications for monitoring and evaluation data collection periodically.
- Coordinates and facilitates data collection , digitizing, and centralizing existing and new data in the project.
- Guides the team on data extraction, data manipulation, analysis, visualization, and support on more complex requests, ensuring high-quality data processing and use.
- Performs database structuring and management, including regular acquisition and integration of data from partners, data validation, data cleaning and processing, and release to users.
- Designs monitoring and evaluation systems to track, forecast and report on project progress including key lessons and challenges.
- Supports the communication team in communicating and disseminating programme achievements through programme websites and other digital media.
- Build the capacity of programme team by providing training on the use and application of data collection tools developed and adapted by the programme, and other relevant IT tools.
- Maintains programme documentation, including annual plans, performance reports, resource plans, and meeting minutes.
- Prepares presentations and regular status reports, serving as the main source of information about the project for internal as well as external uses.
- Develop and maintain an information and data management strategy, including internal information flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science , ICT, Computer Engineering, or another relevant field from a university.
- Relevant professional certification or training in digital solutions to businesses
- Broad or specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes needed for the position.
- Minimum of seven years work experience is required in areas related to database development and management, data analytics and visualization and GIS and geospatial analysis, preferably in international organizations or NGOs implementing development or humanitarian projects.
- Highly collaborative working style, drive for learning, and receptiveness to coaching and feedback.
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty, and desire to be of service.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with CSPro, CommCare, RedCap, KOBO, ODK, ONA and survey solution data collection applications is advantageous.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with Python, QGIS, and GIS Software.
- Knowledge of SPSS or Stata is advantageous.
This position reports to the Senior Research Officer (M & E)
Duration – 2 years
Applications will be accepted up to 8th July 2021. Interested applicants should submit: (a) cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, telephone numbers). Candidates are required to apply online through ethiojobs.
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity