|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2020|
|Category|| Customer Service |
|Job Type|| Contract |
|Position Title:||Cafeteria Operator / Coffee Maker (On-call Daily)|
|Duty Station:||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Classification:||Special Short-Term Daily Contract at G1 Level|
|Type of Appointment:||Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period:||01.09.2020 - 15.09.2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:Under the general supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, and direct supervision of Office Premises Assistant in the IOM Special Liaison Office in Addis Ababa, the incumbent will be responsible to assist in office premises common service related tasks of the different IOM Offices in Addis Ababa. He/ She will particularly be responsible for the following:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare coffee, tea, and macchiato etc.… using coffee machine
- Cleans and polishes utensils and equipment used in coffee and tea preparation. Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Handle day to day cash transactions and report on monthly basis
- Collect payments with staffs
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Day to Day cash counting before starting and after closing the operation and provide the total cash to the Cashier for safe keeping
- Timely inform and check to see if items are damaged
- Request for replenish/restock the materials and keep the track record
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction. Resolve staff complaints, guide them, and provide relevant information
- Perform other duties related to roof top cafeteria as needed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- A diploma from an accredited institution, a combination of training and relevant working experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in related field
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of English and Amharic languages is required.
- Knowledge of other local/international languages is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@iom.int, by 15 September 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn't follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
From 01 Sep 2020 to 15 Sep 2020