|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Company based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are looking for legal advisor and call centre coordinator to hire for the following project.
The Ethiopian Investment Commission in collaboration with the ILO Advancing Decent Work Siraye and Bridges Programme is planning to establish call centres at Hawassa and Bole Lemi Industrial Parks.
- Call Centre Operator and Communication Officer will work under the direct supervision of the legal advisor and Call Centre coordinator. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the other experts in the Centre.
- Respond to calls in a timely manner, keep records of all conversations in database in a comprehensible way
- In consultation with the legal advisor and the gender expert, develop standard operating procedure for handling, recording and tracking of calls and responding to pending queries in efficient manner
- In consultation with the legal advisor and the gender expert, develop “scripts” on different topics and follow the script when handling different calls.
- Identify caller’s needs, clarify information, research every issue and providing response in consultation with the experts
- Produce and disseminate information to ensure that labour law, industrial relation, gender and working conditions processes, polices and directives are simple to understand using park radio and other means.
- Create referral linkages to service providers to give referral information; refer callers to services and resources for further support.
- Send relevant new information and announcement to workers and managers in a standardized manner
- Identify trends in information requests from the callers; develop a more effective and proactive awareness raising programme to mitigate the economic and social risks that are associated with lack of appropriation information.
- Develop internal and external communication strategy for the centre
- Use results from surveys and other feedback sources to revise communications approach
- Develop workplan and prepare reports on a quarterly basis.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in communications, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- Work experience with private and/or manufacturing sector and knowledge of the local language is essential.
- Knowledge of the Garment and textile sector is advantageous.
- above 4 years of professional experience.
Technical Competencies -
- A successful track record in leading communications operation. Significant team and organisational management experience. Experience and sound working knowledge of a range of communication techniques. Strong influencing and relationship-building skills at all levels, as well as a highly-collaborative, team-playing approach. Demonstrable experience of other communications disciplines, such as media, stakeholder relations, marketing and digital communications. Clear understanding and familiarity with digital and social media environments and how they can be used internally. Ability to think creatively and develop innovative internal communication approaches. Proven editorial and writing skills of a high level.
Behavioural competencies -
- High level of confidence and an ability to challenge; excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by an approachable style, being a good listener and the ability to win respect and build effective relationships with their staff and senior stakeholders through personal actions and commitment to declared intentions; awareness of the needs and interests of internal audiences; strong diplomatic skills, political judgment and negotiation skills to handle sensitive situations.
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , by putting Application for Call Centre Operator and Communication Officer in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline June 30th, 2021