|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is an international humanitarian organization which has been supporting various projects/programs in Ethiopia since 1974. CACH is registered by Charities and Societies Agency (License # 3676) according to the proclamation of the country with major focus in Environment, WASH, Livelihood, and humanitarian Aid.
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is desirous to hire qualified consultancy firm on competitive basis in accordance with the terms and conditions illustrated in the Terms of Reference (ToR) prepared for this consultancy service.
The objective of the consultancy contains the implementation of a baseline study and situation analysis for the EU funded project “Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women” in eight different woredas in two regions (Oromia and SNNP Region). This project is being carried out by a consortium of four international and national organizations: the lead applicant/ Grant Contract – Coordinator, Caritas Switzerland (CACH) and the co- beneficiaries and implementing partners the Ethiopian Catholic Church – Social Development Commission (ECC-SDCO), Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS) and VITA/RTI Ireland. The general objective is to collect all necessary data as per the logical framework and to conduct baseline study and situational analysis with focus on collecting secondary and primary data from concerned sector offices, target group (focus on women, youth, IDPs, returnees, hosts, and government stakeholders), One-stop job centres (OSJC), educational institutions including A/TVET, private sectors, and others that are relevant to this project. The insights form this study will then serve as a benchmark to measure changes during and/or at the end of the project.
The successful national bidder for this baseline study and situation analysis contract will have an extensive experience and track record of carrying out studies of this kind in Ethiopia. The bidder will take the lead in the design, execution and quality control of the assessment, but will have CACH as partner who will be involved in all aspects of the activities. For the implementation and control of the assessment work, the bidder will engage the necessary national personnel that meets or exceeds the following requirements:
Team of consultants or team that are proposing by the institution should have;
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experiences in conducting baseline surveys, evaluations for development project programmes in Ethiopian context Particularly to the project geographic areas.
- Excellent understanding of local economy, functioning of cooperatives, small scale enterprises, TVETs, micro finance institutions, specialization in labour economics and value chain development will be an asset.
- Proven track record on assessing, gender equality, conflict sensitivity, disability and economic development in projects and programme
- Proven track record on quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and analysis and participatory approaches
- Experiences in using theory of change, outcome mapping, outcome harvesting to the development projects
- Proven capacity to supervise and coordinate all administrative and technical aspects of the consultancy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products within a short time frame
- Experiences and/or know-how of project implementation at the ground level Knowledge of the Ethiopian development sector and policies.
- Be flexible, responsive to changes and demands and open to feedback
Therefore, interested Consultancy Firms (not individuals) who fulfil the following criteria are invited to collect the ToR from CACH Country Office starting from Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. Deadline to submit technical and financial Offer is Monday, July 13th, 2020 at 12:00pm.
CACH reserves the right to fully or partially cancel this bid for consultancy service.
Address: Caritas Switzerland, Ethiopia Office, Bole Sub-City, Woreda 05, G.B. Building, 2nd/3rd floor, Addis Ababa, Phone: +251 (0) 116 67 22 73