|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 17, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Market Based Sanitation Training Manual and Training Facilitators Guide Preparation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 - 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
SNV, as part of the USAID Transform WASH Consortium, leads the capacity building interventions for the sub-national government (Result area 1). SNV will provide targeted capacity building to the sub-national government of Ethiopia to become effective decision-making entities, capable of managing and sustaining WASH activities, especially around the provision of sanitation services and sanitation marketing where little implementation has been done.
The purpose of the assignment is to develop a comprehensive training manual that can provide guidance and tools for designing market-based sanitation marketing and related sanitation service delivery. The training facilitators guide is intended to support the training facilitators to provide the training in a simple, clear and participatory manner.
Qualifications required for this consultancy assignments:
- Master in Public Health with an environmental health background
- Master in marketing, business or economics
- Curriculum development professional
Work experience required for this consultancy assignment include:
- At least 10 years of experience in developing training manuals and facilitator guides and applying adult learning methodologies
- Experience in community mobilization and market development
- Experience in the WASH sector, particularly sanitation, is an advantage.
- Excellent and proven writing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to coordinate with various entities
- Experience in and knowledge of the rural sanitation and hygiene sub-sector in Ethiopia.
Technical Competencies required for this consultancy assignment include:
- Knowledge of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene areas
- Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in the following areas: One WASH National program, country hygiene and sanitation strategy, WASH monitoring and evaluation, market based sanitation approaches, water supply and sanitation technologies, sanitation market actors in Ethiopia, latrine technology options, manual and community based water supply and sanitation.
- Water supply system and sanitation technologies with a focus on low-cost WASH products and services.
Interested artists can get the detailed TOR and full package of the assignment by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O7e_ICOHz1y_ORd58_aNivuEbQKgA6tp/view?usp=sharing.
All interested firms/ should submit a hard copy of the technical and financial proposal in a separate envelope marked TECHNICAL PROPOSAL and FINANCIAL PROPOSAL with the name of the specific consultancy assignment.
All submissions of interest should be sent to on or before April 27, 2020 Close of Business (5:00 pm) to the address below: SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines SKYLIGHT HOTEL; 200 meters from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.