|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV Ethiopia is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Realizing Aspiration of youth in Ethiopia through Employment (RAYEE) is a five-year (Nov 2019 to October 2024 Inclusive) youth employment creation project implemented by SNV-Ethiopia and funded by Mastercard Foundation. The overall objective of the project is to secure dignified and fulfilling employment and income for 240,000 youth (of which 70% are women) in the targeted areas of Ethiopia.
The main objective of the outcome survey is to measure the progress made by RAYEE since its launch. The focus of the survey is outcome indicators.
The Consulting firm for this assignment should possess the following minimum competencies and qualifications:
- The consulting firm should have at least 5 years of proven experience in conducting development research, evaluations and collecting and compiling data for studies and research.
- The consultancy team should be a multidisciplinary team which should have a mix of either of the following disciplines: Agricultural, Social sciences (Sociology, Economics, statistics, Business, Finance, marketing, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development studies, Project Management), Demography, Education, ICT and other related areas of studies.
- The lead consultant/team leader must possess an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in either of the fields mentioned above and the rest of the evaluation team should possess an academic qualification that complements the qualifications of the lead consultant/ team leader, such that ultimately the team comprises a mix of technical expertise that include livelihood, gender, labor and youth experts and survey specialist with strong knowledge of statistical packages (CSPro, SPSS, etc.) required to deliver on the ToR.
- The consultancy firm and its team members should have extensive and dependable experience, skill and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and participatory research.
- Experience on studies focusing on young people and labor market is highly desired and testimonials and other supporting documents should be submitted.
- Ability to produce high quality (detailed and yet concise) study reports.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver high quality outputs within the proposed timeframe
Demonstrated expertise in managing budgets, staff, logistics, contracting, and other support staff issues
- All team members listed in the proposal must take part in the assignments and if need arises, SNV shall contact those persons whose CV is attached with the proposal individually without the prior notice to the consultancy firm.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English language is required for the research team.
- The lead consultant or a team member must be fluent in Amharic and knowledge of other regional languages is advantage.
The detailed terms of reference and information on how to apply can be obtained by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18cNbyFPfHFF71vkiM1vBY5M8M2qQeovZ/view?usp=sharing
- Technical proposal submissions shall be in a sealed and stamped enevelop inside the sealed envelope there must be a hard copy and soft copies for ease of review. Soft copies of the technical proposal should be submitted in PDF format using Compact Disc (CD) or USB flash disc.
- Financial proposals submissions shall be in hard copy ONLY.
2% withholding tax will be deducted from the consultant fees at the source and will be paid by SNV – Ethiopia, assuming a TIN number and license can be provided.
Proposals must be received by SNV Addis Ababa office to the address below no later than 20 September, 2021, 5:00 PM.
All submissions should be sent to: SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines five-star hotel under construction; 200 meter from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
For any clarification and questions use the following email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.