|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV Ethiopia is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
SNV is leading the implementation of the EKN-funded WASH Services Improvement component of Integrated Landscape Management and WASH (ILMWA) project being implemented in Kunzila watershed kebeles of North Achefer woreda of West Gojjam Zone, Amhara region. The water supply, sanitation and hygiene component of the project builds upon and integrates elements of demand creation and WASH hardware products and services development.
The main objective of the assignment is to customise already developed Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) materials on handwashing with soap (HWWS) at critical times; hygienic use and maintenance of toilets; and safe water handling and treatment separately for general community, guardian/mother with under five children, schoolchildren aged 5-17 years old, PWDs and elderly to help communities sustainably practice the behaviour on the identified key messages, target audiences, channels/tools of communication in the formative researches done by the project in seven kebeles of North Achefer woreda, West Gojjam Zone of Amhara Regional State.
The firm/consultant should be local/national with relevant renewed licence and tax registration.
- University degree, diploma and/or certificate in audio-visual studies, cinematography, or any other related field of study.
- Extensive experience in producing development related short video documentaries and documents for national or international organisations. Track record of successful materials filmed in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) interventions would be an asset.
- Minimum of four years work experience in film/reportage/documentary writing, producing, directing, and editing.
- High level of knowledge and experience of automated systems to handle the web-based management systems for uploading onto the publisher’s website.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge in documentary film production, editing and production.
- Experience in WASH sector and /or in the project area is an added value.
- Excellent technical capacities (state of the art photography and filming equipment preferably High Definition) to ensure smooth and high-quality production:
- Ownership or possession of full HD video camera, 1920 x1080p, 50FPS with its accessories.
- Ownership or possession of a high resolution state-of-the-art professional camera.
- Experience in development communication.
- Submission of three recently produced similar (poster, flip chart, table calendar, short messages in audio and audio-visual) documents.
- Submission of three reference letters for performing similar assignments in the last five years.
- Submission of name and contact addresses of three references who can witness/testify good performance.
- Fluency in Amharic and English.
- Experience in development communication.
- Availability and willingness to travel to project woreda and rural kebeles.
- Ability to work in close coordination with SNV team members.
The detailed terms of reference and information on how to apply can be obtained by clicking the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aT0fVVbeMeZ-xBX0qTU60dFPsI17cdWz/view?usp=sharing
Both the technical and financial proposals should be in a separate sealed and stamped envelope by writing the name of the specific assignment.
2% withholding tax will be deducted from the consultant fees at the source and will be paid by SNV – Ethiopia, assuming a TIN number and license can be provided.
Proposals must be received by SNV Addis Ababa office to the address below no later than 01 October, 2021, 5:00 PM.
All submissions should be sent to: SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office, Africa Avenue; In front of the Millennium Hall; Next to the new Ethiopian Airlines five-star hotel under construction; 200 meter from the main road at the right side; telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232
For any clarification and questions use the following email : email@example.com.
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
NB. All submissions shall be in hard copy. Soft copy submission will not be accepted.