WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The non-profit media development organization International Media Support (IMS) is in close cooperation with Fojo Media Institute implementing programs to support media reform and assist in the professionalization of journalism and media management in Ethiopia. We are working closely with Ethiopian institutions and media partners.
We are seeking an short term consultant to assist the finance & Administration manager and our partners in capacity building in administrative practices and organizational development.
Most of our Ethiopian partners are new institutions and organizations developed to operationalize, support, and sustain the present media reform process in the country. They therefor have a need to develop basic knowledge and capacities to fulfil these aspirations by organizational development, financial and administrative practices.
The consultant will work under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager of the IMS Ethiopia office in Addis Ababa.
The Main tasks:
- Maintains appropriate filing of financial records and ensures proper backup of all files.
- Prepares requests for cash and ensures all disbursements have appropriate supporting documents.
- Ensure reconciliation of cash advances for specific activities once completed.
- Closely monitors, manages, and reconciles petty cash.
- Identifies funds received, matches them to programs/projects or activities and ensures they are recorded manually or in the computer system
- Ensures all expenses and requests for disbursements are approved by the appropriate authority.
- Take part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
- Assist the FAM on reviewing accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate.
- Assist the FAM in recording all the project financial transactions into IMS financial recording, meeting all submission dates, and reporting requirements
- Assure accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records.
- Maintaining financial accounts, including bookkeeping for the institution.
- Compliance with relevant procurement instructions and relevant financial procedures
- General administration and financial reporting adhering to IMS, Fojo and its back donor standards and formats.
- Organize; manage office and proficient in writing letters in both Amharic and English, photocopying, fax and other related activities of the office.
- Forward and receive both outgoing and incoming letters appropriately.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing confidentially, generating reports and presentations, and setting up for meeting and reordering supplies.
Contract period: 3-month full time.
Contact Person: Finance & Administration Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Only candidates with the following requirements will be considered:
- BA Degree in Accounting and Finance
- Minimum of five years of progressive finance & Administrative management experience is required
- Minimum three years of experience in international NGO is required.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, trouble shooting, time management and technical skills.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, advances, and balance sheet.
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Must be able to efficiently use acceptable accounting software System (e.g., QuickBooks, and must be proficient in Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and financial aptitude.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidential information, high ethical standards, positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel project sites and partners offices as required.
Interested applicants are invited to send their non–returnable application by quoting the
position in the subject matter including updated CV and application letter only and contact details of three work related referees, (including HR and Immediate supervisor) you can submit your application through email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is 15th Nov2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening