|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) intends to carry out an assessment to clearly understand the papaya value chain and actors to identify existing gaps and opportunities to scale up papaya processing. It will also help to get bassline information to track project indicators. To this effect GAIN Ethiopia is inviting interested consultants for their proposal.
The overall objective is to provide real-time evidence on existing papaya value chain to develop a viable and sustainable value-chain model for papaya processing in Ethiopia.
3. SCOPE OF THE WORK
For the necessary consultation work, a close working relationship with the GAIN team is required. Although secondary information can span border/national figures, the assessment will take place in two regions of Ethiopia (SNNPR and Oromia). With earlier consultation and consent, GAIN may change the assessment's scope. The following important tasks will be included in the scope of the work:
3.1. Determine factors that are associated with the pre-harvest papaya value chain challenges and opportunities for processing.
3.2. Determine factors that are associated with papaya post-harvest value chain intervention points (Farmer-Collection Point-whole Sale- Retailer -Consumer).
3.3. Assess processor status and future scalability capacity, and identify potential large and small-scale processors.
3.4. Conduct an RBC awareness and implementation assessment on the farmers and processors side to identify intervention points.
3.5. Identify existing papaya (fresh and encouraged toward processing and marketing) policies such as strategy and governance, and their gaps.
3.6. Record project baseline information to track project indicators.
- KEY DELIVERABLES
o Submit Inception report (technical and financial)
o Submit detailed activities plan with time frame and cost breakdown
o Develop a tool for data collection (in English and local language)
o Commence data collection
o Consolidate and analyze data
o Provide (written and presentation) a progress update on the preliminary findings.
o Submit (written and presentation) comprehensive final report with finding and raw data
o Provide accurate detailed information in the preliminary findings and final report that answers / addressee clearly the key tasks listed under the scope (3.1 to 3.6). which will be an expected outcome of the assessment.
5. DURATION OF THE TASK
All the tasks should be completed in 7 weeks’ time after signing the contract agreement.
1. REQUIRED COMPETENCY
- At least an advanced degree in Agricultural economics, Agricultural Marketing and Business, Agriculture/Food value chain, and other related.
- At least 5 years of significant experience in fruit farming especially papaya, the food value chain, and the current food marketing system.
- Knowledge and experience of key fruit value chain actors in Ethiopia.
- understand and experience the current local food processors and other private sector and stakeholders.
- Experience in handling similar assessments such as food value chain, marketing assessment, baseline assessment and others.
- Experience in strategic project planning, and project indicators tracking, recording, and measuring.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) sampling, data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Basic data analysis software and Microsoft skill
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
1. SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
This section addresses the process for responding to this solicitation.
How to apply:
Induvial Consultant/ firm should send their technical and financial proposal in a separate folder to the following email address:
· Submit no more than 5 pages of technical proposal, and updated CV with testimony letters of conducting similar assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org
· technical proposal including detail assessment methodology and analysis, detail work plan, covid precaution, quality monitoring and other relevant.
· Submit a financial proposal detailing costing structure based on the proposed activities and framework requirements. Financial proposal should be sent to email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Deadline of submission: before 20 August 2021
· Subject must refer ‘Papaya Value chain’’