|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking technical and program management experts for an anticipated 5-year urban water and sanitation activity in Ethiopia financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). This activity will support accelerated access to WASH services in urban and peri-urban areas through four complementary objectives:
- Strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting, and service delivery oversight
- Strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator
- Enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers
- Extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households
DT Global seeks Technical Experts with expertise in the following:
- WASH sector governance, public policy, and institutional strengthening
- WASH regulatory reform and strengthening
- Urban and peri-urban sanitation
- WASH infrastructure and engineering
- WASH markets, value/supply chains, and demand creation
- Public-private partnerships
- WASH financing
- Local capacity building
DT Global seeks Program Management Experts with expertise in the following:
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Project operations
- Grants management
Qualifications for Technical Expert Positions:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field such as engineering, business or public administration, public health, urban planning
- A track record of successful performance on relevant donor-funded WASH programs in Ethiopia
- A comprehensive understanding of approaches to pro-poor and sustainable urban and peri-urban WASH services
- Demonstrated experience in the urban and peri-urban WASH context in Ethiopia
Qualifications for Program Management Experts:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field such as business administration, communications, accounting, anthropology, and monitoring and evaluation
- Successful management of a relevant program management function (e.g. communications, finance and accounting, human resources) for U.S. government-financed programs in Ethiopia
- Demonstrated knowledge and comprehensive understanding of applicable USAID rules, regulations, standards, and directives
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.