|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2022|
|Category|| Operations |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Overview: DT Global is seeking technical and program management experts for an anticipated 5-year urban water and sanitation activity in Ethiopia financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). This activity will support accelerated access to WASH services in urban and peri-urban areas through four complementary objectives:
- Strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting, and service delivery oversight
- Strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator
- Enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers
- Extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households
DT Global seeks Technical Experts with expertise in the following:
- WASH sector governance, public policy, and institutional strengthening
- WASH regulatory reform and strengthening
- Urban and peri-urban sanitation
- WASH infrastructure and engineering
- WASH markets, value/supply chains, and demand creation
- Public-private partnerships
- WASH financing
- Local capacity building
DT Global seeks Program Management Experts with expertise in the following:
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Project operations
- Grants management
Qualifications for Technical Expert Positions:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field such as engineering, business or public administration, public health, urban planning
- A track record of successful performance on relevant donor-funded WASH programs in Ethiopia
- A comprehensive understanding of approaches to pro-poor and sustainable urban and peri-urban WASH services
- Demonstrated experience in the urban and peri-urban WASH context in Ethiopia
Qualifications for Program Management Experts:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field such as business administration, communications, accounting, anthropology, and monitoring and evaluation
- Successful management of a relevant program management function (e.g. communications, finance and accounting, human resources) for U.S. government-financed programs in Ethiopia
- Demonstrated knowledge and comprehensive understanding of applicable USAID rules, regulations, standards, and directives
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.