CANVAC Client Service Assistant
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 15, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the CVAC Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the CVAC Regional Coordinator programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the incumbent will provide the following administrative support for the CVAC operation by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client services to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contractual obligations and service standards.
- Assist in providing information to the applicants: distribution of forms and checklists; provision of accurate and timely replies to applicants’ enquiries through phone, email, chat and in person; assistance and guidance with value added services.
- Assist in collecting visa applications and sorting the documents: verification of completeness and correctness of visa application forms; completeness check of the supporting documents; sorting of the documents with relevant checklist; assistance to applicants if the documents are incomplete.
- Input visa application data: maintain an expert user level with the provided application management software, ensure quality check of collected data and generated invoices; accuracy of the tracking of passports and documents; scanning and quality check of supporting documents.
- Collect visa and service fees; review correctness of payment and charge against the application management software; issuance of invoices; daily reconciliation of collected fees and invoices; secure storage of cash.
- Assist in reporting services: daily reports generation and quality check of collected applications and fees; daily reports for contact centre (received calls, call-backs, missed calls etc.) assistance to VAC Team Assistant in quality check.
- Delivery and collection of applications and passports: secure transfer of the visa applications and passports to/from the IRCC specified visa offices; sorting and counting of applications and passports; secure return of passports to applicants and delivery to courier.
- Inform management of any problems or issues related to daily work, security issues, systems and software issues, complaints and make recommendations for improvement.
- Compliance with IOM Staff Rules and Regulations and with all IOM Policies including: “IOM Standards of Conduct”, “IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Principles”, “IOM Information Security Policy”.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Team Assistant or VAC Management.
- University degree in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience is required.
- Two years of relevant professional experience in the field of study is required.
- Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services is required.
- Experience in customer service and liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and national and international institutions.
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is highly desirable.
- Good political, cultural, and social knowledge of the country.
- Computer literacy with a high degree of proficiency in commonly used applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with others with diverse professional backgrounds is required.
- Capability to handle a heavy workload efficiently with minimal supervision and understanding the importance of close teamwork.
- Dedication to one’s duty is paramount and flexibility and commitment to these duties in an emergency will be expected.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of French, Amharic and other local languages spoken in Ethiopia is advantageous.
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.