|Location||Gondar Town, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) - Ethiopia is an Local Civil Societuy Organization re-registered with the Federal Agency fo Civil Society Organizations under registration number 0385 and working on Child Protection. ANPPCAN-Ethiopia is going to implement a USAID/PEPFAR funded project called “Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services” and Gondar town, Metema, Dabat and Debark Woredas of Amhara Regional State in Collaboration with Amhara Development Association (ADA). Hence, ANPPCAN- Ethiopia invites competent and interested applicants to applay for the following positions
Terms of Employment: One year Contract with possibility of extension
Roles and Responssibilities:
The Care and Support Specialist is professional and expert in his/her field who leads the technical oversight and support for community based HIV/AIDS care and treatment and other health related activities of the program, specifically HIV testing, treatment and adherence, Viral load tracking and viral load suppression including process for assessing HIV risk, comprehensive cross referral case management systems and tracking of referrals. She/he provides evidence-based technical support; develops strategic approaches to learning and leveraging HIV/AIDS programs throughout the portfolio within the OVC program, and in collaboration with PEPFAR clinical and community programs as applicable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MA/MSC, BA Degree in Health Officer, Nursing, Medicine or other health related fields with a minimum of 4/6 years of progressively in care and support experience in similar settings for BA/MA respectively; at least 3 of which needs be on PEPFAR/ USAID funded programs for HIV/AIDS, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Field experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children and care givers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures. An interest in the wellbeing of children and in safeguarding and child protection matters
- Having a Certificate in ART is highly needed
- Drawing and documenting lessons, best practices and writing success stories.
- Supervisory knowledge, skill and understanding of the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UNAIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling requirements for the above mentioned positions should send non-returnable copies of the following documents: CV, copies of Degree and Work experience certificates and related testimonies with 3 references. Applicants have to mention the Positions they would like to apply for clearly in their cover letter. Telephone number of the applicant should be stated on the application. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the following address within 7 consecutive days from the date of the announcement.
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia Gondar Project Office, near Walya Capra Hotel
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, Gondar project Office, P.o.Box 1265, Gondar
For further information, it is possible to call to phone number 0918703397
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply
ANPPCAN-Ethiopia, North Gondar Project Office